Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • London science museum?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone been and if so what’s it like? Looking to tale my 5 year old daughter and want to be sure she will find it interesting.

allyharp

It’s right up my street in terms of museums: lots of old objects from the everyday world. I only had a quick scout around but I’m sure there’s something there most people could enjoy.

And if it turns out not to be a hit you’ve got the Natural History and Victoria & Albert museums nearby.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Its really good been quite a few times, lots of stuff to do and see. The floors where you can do stuff is the best. Children will enjoy it, theres a few shows, some free and some you have to pay for. Just make sure you explore all of the museum as theres lots of stuff.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Took two girls (5 and 7) a couple of months ago, they loved it, specially the interactive area with all the clever lighting/visual effects. TBH I found it fascinating myself 🙂 Got caned at the cafeteria though …… be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for not very much.

Squidlord
    Free Member

My daughter was about 10 when I took her there and she enjoyed it. Wants to go back.

Northwind

I went to one of the late-night openings back in August, it was ace… They let all the adults loose on the kids stuff, never seen so many smiling faces in London. I’ve been a couple of times, it’s well worth the visit.

Curly68
    Free Member

Just bought my train tickets to go Thursday! Will be doing the science museum and natural history as well.
    Bought off peak tickets so can’t get into London before 10pm and leave between 4-7pm!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s superb. Really superb.

Further to Ernie’s point re food – Stock up on M&S sarnies a little way East along Knightsbridge, or go to Leon for lunch (Opposite M&S) I can recommend many good pubs around there, but not necessarily kid friendly.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Head for the interactive stuff first, otherwise you will run out of time and not get to fully enjoy them!

mogrim

My 6yr old daughter liked it. You could do the interactive stuff, then go see the dinosaurs next door.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Top floor. Launch pad. You won’t regret it

I got told off by the missus for trying to explain sublimation and polarity to our then 5 year old. She thought I was getting too technical.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What did your 5 year old think?

CountZero

Great for kids in their fifties like me. The aircraft and other mechanical stuff upstairs is always good. Natural History next door, the V&A and the British Museum are all big favourites.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As a kid I used to go to the Science museum and Natural History nearly every half-term. Fantastic.

Don’t miss the Natural History. Best building in London.

Amos
    Free Member

We’ve taken our 3 year old and she loved it, there’s an interactive play area for knackering the kids out in the basement too. as they’re both free take her to the natural history museum too it’s next door and she’ll love the dinosaurs and scale model of the blue whale i thought it was awesome, I’m not 5 though

Amos
    Free Member

Be aware of the massive queues that occur during half term it can be horrendous! Though they do move along quickly enough just don’t get put off

djglover
    Free Member

I liked the food in the NH museum, although what E_L says about portions is true. Its very kiddie friendly to eat there though, so on balance worth it..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Be aware of the massive queues that occur during half term it can be horrendous!

I got ushered through past the long security check queue by a nice man in a uniform ’cause I was on my own with two little nippers……which was nice 8)

Al-Qaeda take note 💡

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best building in London

Struggling to find an argument against that one, at the moment! 🙂

Northwind

The natural history museum’s great too but it does peak pretty early then you suddenly find yourself in rooms of oldfashioned glass cases. The building’s amazing and some of the stuff in there is fantastic, but about half the exhibits reminded me a bit too much of school trips.

juiced
    Free Member

went there a few weeks ago and also did the natural history too. Very good 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘London science museum?’ is closed to new replies.