Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • London on a Tuesday night
  • AlasdairMc

I’m down in that there village of London on Tuesday night – what’s worth doing? I’m staying near Whitechapel, and back in work at 9am so nothing boozy.

Last time I was down on an overnight I went to the British Museum as it was a Thursday – I’m open to any aimless wandering and not averse to walking a fair bit. How easy are Boris Bikes to hire as a one-off?

Also, what restaurant for a solo traveller on a strict £25 a night meal budget? Any type of food, but preferably something unconventional that I’m unable to get in Edinburgh.

Al

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boris bikes are a doddle. Highly recommended for nipping about town.

My tip, as per, would be the Wallace Collection. A rather fascinating, eclectic collection of stuff.

Will ponder on some dining options for you.

Stoner
    Free Member

Boris bikes easy to hire. £1 to set up for 24hr use, you need a debit card. Read instructions on the screen clearly. You have to insert your card a few times. Theyre horrible things to ride mind you. Id rather walk!

Unfortunately none of the “prime” venues have late nights on tues
    http://www.visitlondon.com/events/arts/late-night-culture

geoffj

Have a wander around Coventry garden and Soho. Plenty to gawp at and food options.

AlasdairMc

Wallace collection looks intriguing but only open until 5. I’m working while I’m down so won’t have the luxury of the tourist stuff during the day. Soho is tempting though, I found a coffee place there a while back but haven’t been able to find it again so that might be worth a shot.

svender

I live in Whitechapel and if you want somewhere around there to eat it has to be Tayabs http://tayyabs.co.uk/ Ignore the rubbish curry in brick lane and get the real deal. There is sometimes a queue but you should be OK on a Tuesday.

jambo13
    Free Member

Time Out London iPhone App says there’s a ‘Contemporary Graphic Art Fair’ on at Somerset House in the Strand till 8pm most evenings…..

Not sure if that’s your cup of tea or too far from Whitechapel. The App is free and worth a download if you have a fruit flavoured phone.

AlasdairMc

svender – quite a coincidence as I was looking at that same menu this afternoon!!

svender

Nice one. Well if you go let us know what you think. Bear in mind that it can be pretty boisterous and it’s not terribly relaxed when it is busy.

If you want culture you might want to try the Whitechapel gallery. There is an exhibition on with paintings from the government collection. Might be the only chance to see some of this stuff unless you get into politics

Government Art Collection: Selected by Downing Street Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘London on a Tuesday night’ is closed to new replies.