Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • London Hotels – whats good at the moment?
  • geoffj

Thought I’d refresh by london accommodation options. Any suggestions? Budget is ideally sub £150 a night, but anything considered.
    What you got?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Intercontinental, 1 Park Lane was OK (points nights 🙂 )

midlifecrashes

We got a good deal on Hilton Metropole in the week after the Olympics. V Comfy beds, immaculate. Well looked after, good brekkie and decent pool, small gym. Next to Edgware Rd tube.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

My OH swears by the Dolphin House, Pimlico…good size apartments with a separate lounge & kitchen (usually) and within your budget too, depending on the apartment booked and when.

geoffj

midlifecrashes – Member

Oh look what’s on the Telegraph website today.
    Posted 13 minutes ago # Report-Post

😀

toby1

Hilton double trees are worth a look too, although your budget may have to vary 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, is your OH in Dolphin Square often then? Shall have to keep an eye out for her at the gym….! 😉

Great location, that. Nice and close to the centre of town, walking distance from almost everything and close to my local pub. What more could you want?

Never stayed there, though, but the plans certainly looked good when they did a public consultation on what they were planning.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am also trying to find a holiday apartment flat for one week from 11 – 17 Nov for a friend … budget £300-£350 Max. D’oh!

🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Rusty, is your OH in Dolphin Square often then?

Was 2-3 nights a week for about 6 months, but that was a couple of years ago. Never a regular user of the gym due to long working hours! She stayed there during the Olympics for less than £100…bloody bargain in central London!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, if she’s ever back there and in need of company…

MASSIVE, MASSIVE 😉 (In case you weren’t sure!)

It’s a really well located place, must be said. Hadn’t realised it was that much of a bargain, though.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I will pass on your kind offer!

Its not always that cheap…varies massively depending on occupancy rates, when you visit…jedi-hotel-bargaining-skills and, of course, knowing the staff…

Yeah, location is cracking, spot on for all things central but nice and quiet too.

Cougar

“secret” hotels on lastminute. A bit of enterprising googling and you can usually work out what they are.

beinbhan

Apex Temple court was great a few weeks ago was a special deal though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

spot on for all things central but nice and quiet too.

That’ll be why I like the area so much! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice floors…

EDIT: I’m beginning to suspect they may be vinyl though 😐

tinsy
    Free Member

Malmaison, might fit the bill if the location suits your needs.

http://www.malmaison.com/locations/london/about-the-london-mal.aspx

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Kingsway Hall Hotel in Holborn is my favourite hotel in London, quite indulgent but really very nice, http://www.kingswayhall.co.uk but the Gouman on the Strand is almost as good and a bit cheaper http://www.gouman.com/charing-cross

obviously london nights, late rooms etc are a good bet for cheap rates at either

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘London Hotels – whats good at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.