Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • London Canal Riding
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Anyone ridden along the Grand Union Canal from Brentford? Is the path in decent nick for cycling on? I’m maybe going to do a big loop this w/e…..from Tottenham Hale down the Lea to Limehouse, Embankment/Riverside to Brentford then round to Paddington/Islington on the GUC.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Me and a mate did it last year. We started by park royal and joined the regents canal all the way to the Lymehouse basin then rode through the smoke and joined the canal again at Camden. Very ridable.

kimbers

yup very rideable, since kimbers jnr came along its been the site of many of my ‘offroad’ adventures 😉

brentford tandoori is excellent btw- though im not sure its the best chice for a mid ride snack 😕

motivforz
    Free Member

I’ve ridden from Uxbridge to Kew Gardens along the towpath. Just a towpath really, no more, no less. Pretty much continuous.

senorj

Lea valley all the way to Hertford is a good one.
    Come back through Broxbourne Woods 😀

mcboo
    Free Member

I did Lea from Crouch End to Hertford and back on Sunday on my new CX bike……been off ill for quite a while so was a lovely way to get some miles in the legs, very zen.

Prob do the GUC ride on the crosser too…..28c slicks and discs, good urban set-up.

stumpy01

We used to ride from Uxbridge to Brentford along the canal when I was at uni. It was fine & appeared to carry on, at the point we left it (chip shop).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘London Canal Riding’ is closed to new replies.