Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • London bike show
  • steveo48
    Free Member

I’m going to go and have a look at the London bike show, it’s also including the outdoor and boat show. Anyone one been before and is it any good?

duntmatter
    Free Member

It’s like a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bike shop.

juiced
    Free Member

should be fun. 😀 (lots of toys)

steveo48
    Free Member

Bugger and I’ve just spent all my cash over Xmas.

Stoner
    Free Member

unfortunately whilst Im on a stand at the boat show on the wednesday I wont be at ExCel while the outdoor and bike shows are one.
    Clicky image

RIB Magazine review
    http://www.c-fury.com/c-fury%20%7C%20RIB%20Magazine%20-%20December%202010_v1.pdf

CountZero

Mmmmm, I do like that C-Fury RIB. Yummy.

Stoner
    Free Member

The storm’s the one to go for, but that wont be in production until later in the year. The proto is AWESOME!

Handlebar controls and electronic finger throttle 🙂

40+ knots 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GboklUHVXC8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s the Voyager’s Beige Deck Mats that had me sold. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Im waiting on the carbon fibre finish to the GRP 🙂

I think the lads have an Argyll pattern just for you BD…

brakes
    Free Member

was looking to go to this but the exhibitors (bike) don’t look that great

br
    Free Member

Parking is expensive at the Excel, and getting there on public transport isn’t much better.

restless
    Free Member

i want to go to this .
    but i will be driving to London , so does anybody know if its near a tube station. i could leave my car at the start of northern line or picadilly line and get the tube if parking is not good.

Stoner
    Free Member

exel has its own DLR station. Change at Bank from northern line I think.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s the Voyager’s Beige Deck Mats that had me sold.

Reminds me of motor scooters in cream and beige, to appeal to women.

Looks fun though. I wouldn’t mind one to zoom about on the river near me. Small enough to put on a trailer, so no mooring fees! No licence needed to pilot any craft on the river either.

Do they do a diddly single seat version?

Stoner
    Free Member

the special hull design wont work on a hull much shorter than the one in production. It does work on larger craft though.

The concept is around family sized leisure but with the speed and handling of a PWC. If you want something smaller, get a waverider.

At least there’s no speed limit below wandsworth bridge…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve often wondered about the viability of small, personal craft for commuting on the River. Need to be very manoeuvrable and with quick acceleration. Jetskis are ok, but a bit ‘racy’, so something a little more sedate.

I spose there are probably myriad reasons why such a thing hasn’t caught on in London (and indeed other cities) really. Even the Riverbus isn’t as busy as you’d think it might be. People seem to have an aversion to travelling by water, which is ironic considering the development of London and other port cities.

Bike show? Oh yeah, sorry..

Chance to meet people behind some of the companies, but a bit boring really. As mentioned, it’s just like a big bike shop.

kwack
    Free Member

Looking at the list of exhibitors there doesnt seem many shops there or usual suspects such as Hope etc or am I looking at this incorrectly.

I am aftr a few goodies for the bike including wheels so was hoping to pick up a few bargains but dont want to waste time going down there if I can’r purchase anything?

boblo
    Free Member

Just been today. It was shite, don’t bother 🙁 The Outdoor show wasn’t much better but the Boat Show was ace. No Surf Matt tho 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘London bike show’ is closed to new replies.