Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Logo Design Idea's
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am creating a new company image and want to create or have designed a logo. I have been online and looked at logomaker and a couple of others like it but I have not seen anything that floats my boat, any other low cost ways of creating a logo. My business is Private Hearing Aids & Audiology service including hearing protection.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

just use clip art

ourmaninthenorth

Make sure that, whatever you do, you have apostophes in the right places. You’re not a greengrocer, you know… 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Make sure that, whatever you do, you have apostophes in the right places

Also, get your Rs in gear

rewski
    Free Member

Pardon?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

sensible suggestions please 😉 its a frigging forum not an English language exam, bleeding grammar police 🙄

Pook

you can have that for free

amt27
    Free Member

company name and strap line in the shape of an ear?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

company name and strap-on in the shape of an ear?

Fantastic idea!

redthunder
    Free Member

Will design for food 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sensible suggestions please

Well, I for one would put it to you that a suggestion which encourages correct grammar and so on for your “idea’s” is a very sensible one. Otherwise you’ll look like some bunch of illiterate loons.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you actually need a logo? or would your company name in a nice clear typeface not be a good idea

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t use any of the precious designer’s on this forum whatever you do. All that happen’s is that you end up funding their expensive taste in car’s.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Darcy.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Get yer felt-tips out! 😉

I’m only partly joking, I do all our graphic design stuff for our website, ads, etc. myself. I’m well aware a pro could do better, but not sure the cost would be worth it.

partypants
    Free Member

sensible suggestions please its a frigging forum not an English language exam, bleeding grammar police

As a consumer it can make the difference between my custom and me going somewhere else (there are unlimited options out there).

I will also bypass a company if their logo is a pixelated mess because their “graphic designer” didn’t create a vector graphic. Call me pedantic, please.

Get one professionally done. Pay for the knowledge and the work. A logo represents your company. If at any point you are putting any negativity into the reaction of your potential customers you could be losing a sale. In this day and age you need to take absolutely every opportunity available to you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t forget your bullet point’s. And get it done in a format that will translate easily into PowerPoint and Word.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

iDave
    Free Member

I know a bloke in Karachi….

sc-xc

…who cooks his food with Hibachi.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I will also bypass a company if their logo is a pixelated mess because their “graphic designer” didn’t create a vector graphic. Call me pedantic, please.

pedantic – and lacking knowledge – all web graphics are pixel based so a vector logo is irrelevant. If he’s after print then that’s another matter. The price of a professional can make a marked difference in the presentation and marketing of a fledgling company, you’re not just paying for a pretty logo (or shouldn’t be if they’re any good).

If you do fancy a crack yourself/have no money etc then logopond is a good source to get ideas from

partypants
    Free Member

I’m talking about a logo that appears on the web, headed paper, in local advertising, whatever. Create a vector graphic so that you’re not limited by where you might want to use it in the future.

Oh, and, M6TTF – SVG 😉

crazy-legs

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Have a read of that, it’s very useful with regards to working with designers.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’m talking about a logo that appears on the web, headed paper, in local advertising, whatever. Create a vector graphic so that you’re not limited by where you might want to use it in the future.
    Oh, and, M6TTF – SVG

haha, well we were being ‘pedantic’ 😉 – excuse my lack of knowledge too, SVG?

M6TTF
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Do you actually need a logo? or would your company name in a nice clear typeface not be a good idea

technically it’s still a logo. Some of the nicest logos are just type

partypants
    Free Member

Scalable Vector Graphics. Vectors for the web. Been around a while but getting a bit of a resurgence. And then there’s Canvas. Which is part of the HTML5 spec. This is not relevant to the OP question though, but FYI.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Technically still pixel based though – flash would under that bracket. HTML 5 is bringing some nice stuff through, but there’s still a long way to go ( and they sit on the other side of the studio to me – techy weirdos 😉 )

Cougar

company name and strap-on in the shape of an ear?

You could use Chorley FM’s catchphrase.

squiff
    Free Member

flippinheckler

i have been in design for 10 years and have design loads of logo’s. do you want me to help you out mate

flippinheckler
    Free Member

flippinheckler

i have been in design for 10 years and have design loads of logo’s. do you want me to help you out mate

You could do how much?

Gnnr

Graphic Designer vs client

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You could use Chorley FM’s catchphrase.

😆 They should change coming to music

woody74

Use http://www.99designs.com Worked for me and cheap and quick way to get loads of ideas

squiff
    Free Member

flippinheckler

Send me some details and I will have a look

squiff
    Free Member

woody74

Just looked at that website, HOW MUCH FOR A LOGO!!!!!!!!! FROM $295 LOL. it can be done for a lot cheaper than that

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

it can be done for a lot cheaper than that

Who by?

squiff
    Free Member

Me 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So you’d do the whole initial consultation, then provide draft versions, then refinement to the final design, for less than £200 or so? Really?

squiff
    Free Member

That’s correct

M6TTF
    Free Member

depends on what’s offered – are you creating a brand identity, or drawing a pretty logo, there’s a difference

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Logo Design Idea's’ is closed to new replies.