Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Logan
  • joat

bigjim – Member
    How do I get an upper body like Huge Jackman?

njee20 might be able to get you his number.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m in the minority then? Didn’t rate it or think it was anywhere near as good as some of the other X Men films.

It was different, key point there go in expecting bangs, explosions and big CGI and it’s not for you. Also the ending [mumble mumble mumble] is not from the Superhero play book.
    It dealt with a lot of other things going on and a lot of respect to the guys and the studio for pushing it that way.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

We never got the deadpool trailer. Dissapointed! I also never saw a stan lee cameo, is he in it?

jimjam
    Free Member

Good film. I enjoyed it, but I think I might have bought into a bit of the hype and some reviewer hyperbole. Charlie Brooker and Merk Kermode talking about how they couldn’t believe it got a 15 certificate, rivers of blood and real gory consequences of violence. It’s certainly violent, but it’s none of those things.

I think with a little bit of tweaking this could have been a genuinely great film, some elements were just a little bit “X-Menish” for my liking.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched this and absolutely loved it!

Positives:

1) Hugh Jackman is a total bad ass
    2) Actually very moving, great script and great acting!
    3) I really like the way that they have done away with the costumes, it makes it much more gritty and real
    4) Robin is now a little Spanish girl called Laura, which is really appropriate as it was IWD on Wednesday. Accent was way too strong to understand at times though

Negatives:

1) I know that they are all older and everything but Alfred has turned into a right lazy cock. Useless!
    2) Utility belt not used once. Not once!!
    4) Catwoman is now a tall and skinny albino with a West Country accent #notsexy #atall
    5) The batmobile was super lame. Looked ok but no gadgets! Not even bullet proof!! Totally relieved when they ditched it
    6) Where the **** was Ben Affleck?!?!?

colournoise

Saw it tonight. Not perfect by any means (for me a bit of a weak act 3) but I think any future superhero film that doesn’t learn from Logan will be missing out.

For me the closest cinema effort so far to what Netflix are doing with superheroes on TV. This is a good thing.

jimjam
    Free Member

colournoise

For me the closest cinema effort so far to what Netflix are doing with superheroes on TV. This is a good thing.

Yeah, I enjoyed Daredevil season one. Season two…..was great until that courtroom drama nonsense, it really took a nosedive halfway through for me. People are telling Luke Cage is good but I haven’t watched any of it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@shermer. 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Went to watch it last night. Jnr came out with a cracker on leaving…

“I always thought Professor X’s first name was Malcolm.”

Thankfully History isn’t one of his GCSEs.

nathb
    Free Member

Saw this yesterday – great film, funny, welll acted and gritty for a change.

Reminds me of Daredevil, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage style of superhero.

DezB
    Free Member

There was a nice tribute to Fawlty Towers in there.

pondo

[Quote]We never got the deadpool trailer. Dissapointed! I also never saw a stan lee cameo, is he in it?[/quote]
    Deadpool trailer was at the start for us, didn’t see Stan (he’s not in all of them).

shermer75
    Free Member

There was a nice tribute to Fawlty Towers in there.

I noticed this too- much appreciated 🙂

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I saw it last week, as someone who is utterly sick of all the Marvel films, this was a good departure from the norm.

It made my wife cry (then ending, not the stark realisation that I look nothing like Hugh Jackman)

jonnyboi

the stark realisation that I look nothing like Hugh Jackman)

Yeah, I struggle to grow a fulsome beard too.

Drac

Just back from seeing it. Bloody fanttastic proper cold film showing how ruthless he is but not without some remorse. 15 was a good call as people didn’t fall to the ground with a T-shirt with bloody hooles in after being slashed with a load of blades. Laura is even darker happy to kill, hopefully be some good spin offs.

The Deadpool 2 trailer wa on before it for us but a slighty eiited version.

GrahamS

Saw this and thought of this thread:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-ao-lyEww&t[/video]

😀

molgrips
    Free Member

It was alright. Watchable and entertaining, but not stunning.

Bit too much for one film in some ways. Watching superhero series streaming has enriched the genre to the point where making a single film and trying to be the same is becoming really rather difficult, I reckon.

I mean take original Superman, and 90s Batman. The characters were stereotypes, or even ciphers, there to make a philosophical point. Making such impossible people into gritty real ones takes a huge amount of character development, because us viewers can’t draw on real life experiences.

Which is why IMO the superhero TV series genre is now streets ahead of superhero cinema. They can deal with the subject far better than ever before. Well – except comics 🙂

Loved the political points though!

burgatedicky

Professor X seems to be channelling his inner Dr Evil in that vid.
    Replace “metal” with “laser” and he’s 90% of the way there!

Drac

He’s also forgotten that the metal blades isn’t his power and throwing Wolverine off a bridge isn’t going to kill him. 😀

90s Batman

All but Batman Returns were pretty camped up over the top rubbish.

GrahamS

There is a whole playlist of them. Jean Grey and Magneto are the best ones.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, young girl was good in it and Patrick Stewart was really good. It’s a road trip film really, a really really violent one. Never a 15.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Logan’ is closed to new replies.