Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • log cabin accommodation in scotland???
  • ton

any recommendations

rickmeister

Old Pines, Fort Bill.. special…
    Mmmmm

Nicer than the website suggests..

notlocal
    Free Member

Braemar Lodge, Braemar. Tel 013397 41627 Tell ’em John off the Ambulance sent you.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

We’re staying in Braemar Lodge next month, after first days C2C ride. We’ve overflowed from hotel into a log cabin.

http://www.braemarlodge.co.uk/hotel.php

brant
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member
    scotabroad
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Mate of mine owns this place Lodges at Spean Bridge. It’s on the banks of loch lochy, in the forest and is on the Great Glen Cycle Route.
    Views are stunning and the couple that own it are really nice folk.

clydebuilt
    Free Member

how about a seaside cottage instead?

http://www.gonetothebeach.co.uk/section187494.html

notlocal
    Free Member

Barbarian, get your table booked at The Moorfield House in Braemar. The food is cracking and Ian the owner does a fine pint of Cairngorm Brewery Tradewinds or Stag, OR Stella if your from the saarf 😉 Seriously though you get a good pint and some top nosh to fuel your trip onwards.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice notlocal, but unfortunately we’ve had our evening meal seats booked for some time – pretty much all where we’re staying(Except Cannich, cos it’s a hostal).

We’ve since been recomended somewhere else(better) in Stonehaven, and now Braemar 🙁

I looked at the menu/write up of each place we’re staying, and they all looked pretty good, so it seemed the easy thing to do.

notlocal
    Free Member

StB, I’ve never had a bad meal at the Lodge, but they seem to change chefs quite frequently. Braemar’s tourist season is stiil very much based on skiing in winter and ahem, the older customer in summer. There are those of us in the village that are trying to persuade some of the establisments to be a little more flexible with regard to opening times and facilities. This area has so much to offer in the way of trails and any feedback from visitors can only be a good thing, even negative comments allow hotels and restaurants to adjust. Fiona and Ronnie will make you very welcome though. Take loads of pics and put them on here, maybe Deeside can jump onto the gravy train that seems to be financing Aviemore. We’re only 20 or so miles apart geographically, but galaxies apart in relation to facilities and infrastructure.

ton

i have given up on the cabin idea.
    everyone i tried was booked for the 2 weeks i wanted in august.
    booked a big camper van today instead.
    roll on august.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Cheers notlocal.

Strange isn’t it? I’m very much looking forward to visiting Braemar, but we’ve deliberately sidestepped Aviemore.

There’s one danger of eating in all the places we’re staying, and that’s that we don’t even get out and see the town we’re in. Must make a special effort to have a look round before dinner.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘log cabin accommodation in scotland???’ is closed to new replies.