Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • loctite 641
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Having had inconsistent fitting press fit PF30 bottom brackets I have finally decided to fit my latest with loctite 641 into my carbon stumpy, which seems to be the recommendation. However with the British weather I am concerned about having to change my bottom bracket and wondering whether 641 leaves any residue that cannot be removed from inside a carbon bottom bracket shell. Also how much more effort is required to remove the bottom bracket from the shell despite the claim that 641 is not a permanent adhesive. anyone have any experience of this ?

nedrapier

Just 641’d a king headset into my frame, I’m hoping not to find out what it takes to get out and what it leaves behind for aaaages.

The carbon BB shell will have a metal (steel) insert to take the BB, surely?

hughjengin
    Free Member

No it’s just a carbon shell that takes a press fit bearing cup straight in. That’s why I am frightened about slackbottom bracket cups which may fret or rotate in the shell thereby wearing the shell. Can’t possibly think that aluminium is softer than carbon, but maybe I am wrong. SRAM ones have been poop. Putting a wheels manufacturing one in tomorrow hopefully if postie is kind
    🙂

nedrapier

Urr. don’t really like the sound of that. But then I don’t know anything about press fit BBs. Sorry I coudn’t offer any help whatsoever, hopefully someone who knows something will be along in a minute.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘loctite 641’ is closed to new replies.