Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Local (or regular rider) knowledge of Thetford guidance please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Hi all,

I used to be a regular down in Thetford back in the mid/late 90’s. Did a lot of Race Marshalling for races down there for Paul & Leslie for those that remember (now Paul & Ian I beleive).

I always preferred the races over at Santon Downham opposed to the Mayday ones. So can anyone point me to a map with some locations on please. I’m looking for the start area at Santon, used to be the same area (from memory) and I’m also looking for a bench in the Santon Downham region that was high up (for this part of the world!) If anyone can pinpoint these locations for me that would be great. Thinking about trying to get down that way again soon and would be great to ride my old stomping ground. Thanks again 🙂

mtbfix

We were there a couple of months ago and, aside from the now way marked stuff, there was loads of orange paint and tape on trees left over from races so that other lines could be sought. Good God the parking at High Lodge is expensive though!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Local (or regular rider) knowledge of Thetford guidance please.’ is closed to new replies.