Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • local knowledge for the Shipley glen/ilkley moor area? or guide for this Sunday?
  • Simon

Lookin’ good Jase in that photo on the other page 😉

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Simon – Member
    Lookin’ good Jase in that photo on the other page

Haha, word travels fast around here! 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m guessing J was mistaken for Chris Akrigg? Happens all the time he tells me.

Sancho
    Free Member

I’d love to be doing some riding back in Cottngley but I only have a DH bike at moment so have to stick with Esholt
    but Im from Rawdon so Esholt is on my doorstep

Mugboo

Defo becoming a problem…

Simon

but I only have a DH bike at moment so have to stick with Esholt

Bike shop owner with only one bike, something not right there 🙂

tmb467
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind a tour of Cottingley at some point.

Saw a nice little line coming down from the folly but we were only passing thru so didn’t get a chance to look at anything. Is there much there then?

Simon

So how was it? Did Jason come up with a good ride?

@tmb467 – my rides are a bit random and last minute at the moment but I’ll be in touch to try and organise something.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Simon – Member
    So how was it? Did Jason come up with a good ride?

@tmb467 – my rides are a bit random and last minute at the moment but I’ll be in touch to try and organise something.

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah was a good ride, and good to do something different, cottingley woods were good and certainly has a lot of potential for building some steep tech, and kinda reminds me a lot like wharnecliffe. Harden moor we went up had some very sweet fast Singletrack, but the best descent we did was a little gem we did at the end of the ride, not sure what it’s called, any way cheers for that Jason, and remember if you ever want to do some hebbers mega secret stuff just give us a shout, cheers mate. 8)

Mugboo

Glad you liked and thanks for offer. Did you make it to Esholt or did you call it a day? Blower looked liked he’d had enough 🙂

Simon

a little gem we did at the end of the ride,

The one with the tricky rock drop at the end?

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member
    Glad you liked and thanks for offer. Did you make it to Esholt or did you call it a day? Blower looked liked he’d had enough

POSTED 34 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah we did a few runs down in esholt, shame if they’re gona be knocking that place down! Some decent local riders there.

[/quote]Simon – Member
    a little gem we did at the end of the ride,

The one with the tricky rock drop at the end?
    POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah that was the one, like a kinda surprise! 😆

mekon
    Free Member

I ride around Esholt, what are ‘they’ knocking down?

Mugboo

I told Shaggmiester to go ride it while it was dry and riding well ‘in case it gets knocked down’. Bradford Council seem pretty open to mountain bike trails so hopefully it will become a permanent riding spot.

There you go, rumour hopefully nipped in the bud 🙂

Simon

I heard that Yorkshire Water were going to fell some trees.

mekon
    Free Member

Think Yorkshire water have finished all their works for now. Those old tanks are getting filled at some point, but not heard of any tree felling plans. Anyway, im sure they won’t spoil the local woods whatever happens.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Direct from the horses mouth.
    There have been one or two complaints (one recently). Yorkshire Water (don’t know the relationship, but I assume YW lease the land off BMDC) are generally supportive of MTB in the woods and I’m told (Bob) have offered to supply their machinery to help out. However, there’s no real organisation (Bob is trying to get the bikers to form a FoBW). If there is no proper organised group who YW/BMDC can work with, then it’s much more likely to be stopped. essentially, it’s all up in the air at the Mo.

wilde86
    Free Member

I can show you Ilkley Moor/Otley Chevin etc. drop me an email matthewwilde@hotmailDOTcoDOTuk

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘local knowledge for the Shipley glen/ilkley moor area? or guide for this Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.