Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Local cats using my pea shingle as a communal toilet
  • cupra
    Free Member

The only thing that has worked for us is a hose. It’s time consuming but was time well spent. The orange peel didn’t work and isn’t practical for us, neither dig the sonic device which was utterly utterly useless. Slabs didn’t work either as they then just crapped in a different bit of the border.

zippykona

Moses

If you put down pee shingle, expect pee shingle.

loddrik
    Free Member

This has probably been asked before but why is it acceptable for cats to sh!t anywhere, but law that dog owners have to clean dog sh!t up?

I’d like to extend that to horses. Why is it that police horses shit outside my daughters school but that seems to be ok??

**** disgusting!!!!

Horse owners should clean up after them. No wait. That wouldn’t happen would it due to the amount of rich toffs who ride horses.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

chilli powder worked for a mate of mine i.e cat gets it on paws cat licks paw etc
    for me a battery powered rapid fire nerf gun is my fav at mo you needed the rapid fire to get them as they run off doesn’t hurt so much as scare the c**p out of them + it really good fun 😀

root
    Free Member

I’d like to extend that to horses. Why is it that police horses shit outside my daughters school but that seems to be ok??

**** disgusting!!!!

Horseshit is scary on a motorbike

lemonysam
    Free Member

Horseshit is scary on a motorbike

Or a road bike, I’ve bunnyhopped a dollop the size of a basketball at speed before.

root
    Free Member

Or a road bike, I’ve bunnyhopped a dollop the size of a basketball at speed before.

Yeh I bet, i’m sure it’s probably not allowed but how can you police it?

njee20
    Free Member

As an owner of 4 siamese cats, I can categorically say this is what you need, after a couple of good soakings they’ll not be back in a hurry.

Gotta catch them first though. Our neighbours have just got a cat, and it’s enjoying shitting in our garden. I like cats, but I don’t wish for our garden to become it’s toilet. I am looking forward to catching it so I can blast it with the hose. At high pressure.

Just want to make sure that it is clear that everyone who suggests using anti-freeze in these discussion is proposing poisoning someone’s pet (noting the distress that will cause) and encouraging illegal behaviour under the animal welfare act.

So you keep saying, we get it. Legal issues aside, I’d not feel too bad about killing a cat (or indeed a dog or fox) for defecating in my garden, although it would be more of a last resort, rather than a ‘I’ll try this first’ thing.

olddog

… you could always try talking to the neighbour, encourage them set aside part of their garden as a cat toilet – dug over soil somewhere handy and sheltered.

It’s what we do with ours, seems to work as the cat craps straight after eating and goes to the same place to do it. Remarkably bit poos for such a small animal as well.

I think this is actually the best solution, either that or a litter tray. Wasn’t hard to train with a new cat.

njee20
    Free Member

Bugger off with your common sense and non-hostility, the internet is no place for you!

root
    Free Member

… you could always try talking to the neighbour, encourage them set aside part of their garden as a cat toilet – dug over soil somewhere handy and sheltered.

But what if the neighbours don’t do that? You know since they are ‘free spirits’ and where they crap can’t possibly be controlled?

olddog

Bugger off with your common sense and non-hostility, the internet is no place for you!

.. alternatively shoot the owner, adopt the cat and laugh when in craps in other people’s gardens?

root
    Free Member

Or shoot the cat, laugh at the owner and adopt the crap 😀

zippykona

I spoke to my neighbour and apparently I was being unreasonable in asking them to try and stop it shitting in my garden.

badllama
    Free Member

When I first started gamekeeping many moons ago we were told any cat over 35 yards from home can be classed as feral a pest and shot. Not sure the legality of the 35 yards but the shooting of feral cats is covered.

The following mammals can be controlled by legally approved methods all year round – see British Association for Shooting and Conservation for more information. linky

Fox
    Rat
    Mice (except dormice)
    Rabbit
    Grey squirrel
    Mink
    Weasel
    Stoat
    Feral cat

Edit more info
    If you shoot a domestic cat you would be committing criminal damage and as well as being charged you could also be sued by the owner for damages.
    Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/answers/am-i-allowed-to-shoot-feral-cats-2-27247#hRj4VIrLkjyFj4wb.99

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So I can get my mate down with his gun and shoot the foxes?

slowoldman

Unfortunately cats are shitting more since their food started rotting in the tins.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Local cats using my pea shingle as a communal toilet’ is closed to new replies.