Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Load me up…..!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off on a bit of a jaunt shortly, so want to load my tablet up with as much entertaining/diverting stuff as I can muster. So, please suggest any games (Android) and/or TV/Radio/whatever that I should put on there!

So, what’s the finest suggestions you can come up with? (Awaits usual suspects….! 😉 Notes how rapidly Darcy appears… 🙂 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grindr.

There’s one ticked off.

Cougar

Slice-It is excellent and free.

Word Feud is a nice multi-player Scrabble-a-like (like Words With Friends only not published by the amoral).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Useful: Load up as many episodes of Crossing Continents from R4 – hopefully, it’s podcasted. Fascinating stories.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good call, Darcy (On your second suggestion, at least!)

*Hits R4 website and stuffs SD card with informative goodness….*

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Quite sad but I got a bit addicted to Angry Birds when on holiday recently (in a place that had no interweb connection).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Notes how rapidly Darcy appears…

I’d be disappointed if anyone got in with “Grindr” before me. 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Possibly a bit late for suggestions (and somewhat concerned that this will now mean I’m one of the “usual suspects”!)

Anyway – Recommend Stephen Fry’s Planet Word (BBC 2 series)

Wish I’d had the foresight to do similar, currently stuck on yet another interminable train journey with just a report on “Results based accountability in government” for entertainment 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

misfits.

TheFlyingOx

misfits +1

Apart from that, go old school:
    Quantum Leap. You know you want to.

maccruiskeen

If you are doing r4 podcasts, while you’re at it check out the radio 3 essay series. You’re milage will vary with them a bit, but they are bite sized and there are a lit of them.

spooky_b329

Another vote for wordfeud. There is also an android app now for volvo ocean race.

Cougar

‘UKCougar’ on Wordfeud if you fancy a game, incidentally (and don’t mind that it could be several days between moves, I don’t check it all that often). Tell me who you are if it’s not obvious, I ignore invites from weirdos. Well, anonymous weirdos.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, all. Some great suggestions. Sue, not too late, and not one of the usual suspects! I fly out on Friday morning, and have many, many hours to kill….!

Will look at wordfeud, but will be offline for the aforementioned many, many hours!

Lifer
    Free Member

If you’ve not seen it Arrested Development is great and one episode is never enough!

matthewjb
    Free Member

If you’v not listened to The History of the World in 100 Objects yet then that is worth a listen. And free as well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Load me up…..!’ is closed to new replies.