Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Llandegla , tell me about it …. ok to take the SS ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ive got a few days off next week as its my birthday and so planning a few days riding, looking for something around the 100 mile drive from Birmingham and so llandegla is possible … any where else worth considering ? …. do have gears and bouncy bits if needed but fancy taking the single speed for a blast

kayak23

Llandegla would mostly be pretty good on a SS I’d have thought, but some sections of climb may be a bit stiff.
    Hopton is excellent, and Eastridge too.

ds3000
    Free Member

I have and it was fine, I’m by no means super fit. 32-20 on a rigid 29er was perfect, 32-18 was a bit of a grind at times.

simondbarnes

It’s fine on a rigid SS, even a fat, non-climber like me can get around there on one 🙂

Karl33to
    Free Member

Depends on fitness and desire to infclict pain on yourself, I’ve done nearly all of the old school Welsh trail centres singlespeed, but was glad I took the geary to Deggy today, just not feeling the SS love ATM – probably just a fitness thing though.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ill probably be on a ickle wheeled SS running 32-18 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

SS and.rigid makes it a hoot.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

No where else is worth considering, Llandegla is the only place to attract attention within 100 miles of Birmingham.

😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Agentdagnamit ….. Yours ?? 😯
    Them wheels are HUGE !!

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve done it SS a few times round there. It’s the perfect trail centre for it

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Lots of Llandegla is still closed due to storm damage – keep an eye on the website.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla , tell me about it …. ok to take the SS ?’ is closed to new replies.