Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Llandegla or football?
  • secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Probably a bit of a no-brainer this one … I am free this afternoon so could get to Llandegla and hopefully it'll be quite quiet

OR

I could be patriotic and watch the football (- I'm not usually a footie fan). After all the sniping I'm actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for some of them! Or it could be a complete and utter waste of 90 minutes.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Drive there with the radio, then ride, Simples

Don't forget to put some flags on your car 😉

grumm
    Free Member

I was up at Llandegla yesterday – was very quiet before 6pm ish. Really dry and dusty at the moment. Some of the new stuff looks interesting but it's not all open yet.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you are not usually a footie fan then go riding.

ourmaninthenorth

You can't record a ride. You can record the football.

This is where this country is going wrong – we are encouraged into collective inactivity. Fight back and ride your bike in the fresh air.

You can watch re-runs of the game when you're old and no longer able to ride a bike.

neil853
    Free Member

i would do the radio and ride suggestion, i'm stuck in an office with the sun glaring in and no tv 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

This is where this country is going wrong – we are encouraged into collective inactivity. Fight back and ride your bike in the fresh air.

I don't even know where to start with that statement. 🙄

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Llandegla is winning!

I'm new to SPDs so would like to try them out there without hoards of other people, especially as I might make a fool of myself 😳

I'm lucky to be free this afternoon, I agree – not sunny here, though!

grumm
    Free Member

i would do the radio and ride suggestion, i'm stuck in an office with the sun glaring in and no tv

http://www.tvcatchup.com 🙂

JonBurns
    Free Member

Llandegla is the best option but be aware that the North Shore entry and exit got cut out last week by the FC. So if your going specifically for that you may be dissapointed.

Don't forget you could get a big slice of cake there aswell 😆

shedfull
    Free Member

Watch the game then go for a ride later to cheer yourself up. 😉

wl
    Free Member

Tricky one. Football will probably be dull and ultimately disappointing. Much like Llandegla. Save petrol and watch England.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Ah, but as an inexperienced SPD rider, everything is "exciting" at the moment 😆

Llandegla's only 20 mins away too …

grumm
    Free Member

Llandegla is the best option but be aware that the North Shore entry and exit got cut out last week by the FC.

Was the north shore just that silly lumpy log ride thing? Or something else? Noticed the cut off bit off to one side.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

North Shore would be way too "exciting" for me at the moment (AKA too hard), so that won't be putting me off!

Olly
    Free Member

where was the question there?
    the OP indicates there was some sort of decision to be made?

(Its a Llandegla from me)

wl
    Free Member

Do Llandegla then. Take Pro Plus, just in case.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

It's a no brainer….
    FOOTBALL + plently of beer. Go riding tomorrow to get rid of the hangover.

Coyote
    Free Member

Tricky one. Football will probably be dull and ultimately disappointing. Much like Llandegla. Save petrol and watch England.

Hey folks, we have another trailgod! <gnarly>

In answer to the OP I'm a footy fan but after the last two English no-shows my plan would be:

– Go to Llandegla and have a blast
    – Get back to car, check radio
    – If England lose, drive home smug with memories of a great ride safe in the knowledge that you didn't waste a beautiful afternoon.
    – If England win, drive home full of patriotic pride to watch the endless reruns and highlights with memories of a great ride

It's win-win!

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

I like your style, Coyote!

Going to load the car now!!! May be done in time for the second half …

MrSalmon
    Free Member

In general I think going out and doing something should always trump watching somebody else doing something on TV.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla or football?’ is closed to new replies.