Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Llandegla. Extending the blue but not all the red, suitable for kids? Options.
  • rockhopper70

Possibly taking two of my kids to llandegla on Saturday but the blue is probably too easy for them now. I’ve done the red and think that would be too hard in its entirety.
    Looking at the map, I was wondering about following the red to way marker 79 then taking the offas dyke path back to the blue between 53 and 56 to trundle back to the visitor centre.
    I just can’t recall how bad that section is as some of the red claims are pretty gruesome, short and steep.
    Is offas dyke open to cycles?

Reasonable fit kids, although the lad is only 9 but very enthusiastic.

orange_c
    Free Member

You can get back onto the blue easily from the red – me and my son do this when we go.

You can either stay on the fire road after the ‘Snowdon view’ and get onto the blue from there.

Or carry on a bit further to just after where the black route rejoins the red then miss out the next bit of red (the best bit unfortunately), turn right up the fire road and rejoin the red a bit further on. Then get on the blue to follow the Leet (which was the old blue). This option does involve a double steep climb but they can always push up it. This one is easier to work out if you are not familiar with the trails.

tillydog
    Free Member

Offa’s is a bridleway there, so open to bikes. It would be a bit of a drag to ride back up it to the blue, though, IMHO. (Riding down it from there is fun)

Why not continue to the fire road just after 79, and turn right to cut across to 87 where the red comes back up the hill again? Follow the red for a short section (through ‘Triplets’) and pick up the blue at the Leet. I think that’s a lot less work than climbing back up to the blue (not done it, though!)

I can’t remember what ‘Triplets’ is, but everything on the red can be rolled.

{Edit: What he^^ said!)

rockhopper70

Thanks, that little section of fire road cuts a decent chunk out, so should be ok and soon meets up with the leets blue.
    I might just give this a go.

rockhopper70

Orange, the fire road after Snowden view, is that way marker 74?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla. Extending the blue but not all the red, suitable for kids? Options.’ is closed to new replies.