Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • llandegla early birds
  • D0NK

OK so I'm going to llandegla tomorrow but will be leaving early to skip the rush hour(s) gonna be getting there before 8. IS the whole place (including access to the trails) really shut until 9?
    Could use offa's dyke to access the trails but I don't know of a decent place to park up and start from, any ideas?

loddrik
    Free Member

Just park at the bottom of he access road and jump over the gate. Done it many times. You aren't hurting anyone by doing so and I love being on the trails with noone else around.

D0NK

would prefer not to really, from the llandegla website

Parking on the access road, in lay-bys and gateways is inconvenient to our neighbours and creates additional hazards for drivers, cyclists, walkers and horse riders. Please use the car parks provided. Revenue from the car park is used to develop the trail network.

Had a look at an old STW that has a route in the area, they say park at trail centre 🙄

snowpaul
    Free Member

or maybe they just want the revenue from the car park….

Coyote
    Free Member

or maybe they just want the revenue from the car park….

Yeah, cause building and maintaining trails is free. Innit?

D0NK

possibly, maybe if we park up early do our ride then buy a car park ticket before we leave, everybody will be happy then 🙂

seriously tho any alternate parking spots to get on offas dyke? theres a CP up at horseshoe pass but the route up to the masts and down to offas dykes sounds like a no no too

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

If driving from Coedpoeth direction go past the normal left turn off the 'main' road for another 50m. Turn left there and park up.

devs
    Free Member

^^^ wot he sed. The times I've done it we have parked in a layby just off the main road and cycled up to the car park. IIRC you have to lift your bike over the gates. I've yet to use the cafe as it's never been open in the 3 times I've been. Twice too early and the last time a hungry family DeVs were told it had shut 10 mins before. Ended up at a little theif just along the road. 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘llandegla early birds’ is closed to new replies.