Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LIVESTRONG the brand..
  • organic355
    Free Member

I am in the market for a treadmill at the moment and am looking at various brands and one which keeps getting recommended in my price bracket is a LIVESTRONG model.

Now I know there shouldnt be any reason not to go for this brand, proceeds go to cancer research/care etc (all be it in the USA). But part of me is not wanting anything to do with the man behind the brand. I know he doesnt make them, they are made by Johnson fitness who are huge and also build Horizon, Vision Fitness and the commercial Matrix fitness equipment you will see in your local gym.

But I still find myself looking at other models with less attractive warranties and more gadgets!

Also say Lance does become unassociated with the LIVESTRONG “brand” and the brand is no more, I assume Johnson Fitness would still honour any warranties on their products?

mrblobby
    Free Member

proceeds go to cancer research/care etc

Proceeds go to cancer “awareness” apparently.

Still if it’s a good treadmill and competitively priced I wouldn’t worry. Livestrong will continue without Lance.

nealglover
    Free Member

Buy the one that suits you best.

Who cares what’s written on the side.

The fact that a tiny amount of money might go to a charity that does something that’s quite hard to pinpoint or understand isn’t that much of an issue.

Regarding the Warranty.

My Adidas Superstar II Ian Brown Limited Edition trainers split at the seam.

When I rang Ian Brown he didn’t want to know, so I rang Adidas and they sorted it out no worries 😉

warton
    Free Member

proceeds go to cancer research/care etc

do they? you may want to check on that.

Proceeds go to Cancer Awareness, which seems to involve paying Lance Armstrong $100,000+ per Livestrong Appearance

bagpuss
    Free Member

Do they not do the same one without the yellow Livestrong branding for a little less, you could give the difference to a charity that does more than raise awareness.

Or wait a week or so and see if it’s discounted as more try to distance them from Mr Liestrong / Livefraud.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘LIVESTRONG the brand..’ is closed to new replies.