Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Liverpool – are there ANY cyclists there????
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, not strictly Liverpool, I’m in Aintree. Just had the cast off my leg so I’m getting some gentle road riding in (on MTB) and I’ve been pootling to work and back from the hotel and around and about in the evenings all week. In that time I’ve only seen ONE cycling commuter. A few kids on BSOs but that’s it. Is not at though the roads are bad for cycling: nice and wide, low speed limits ASLs at nearly every set of lights etc. But I’m the only one there.
    Odd

Oh, and the pedestrians are THE doziest bunch I’ve ever seen. The just wander out in front of you all the time and look at you like you’re transparent. Even odder.

Oh, and another thing: it’s not football season is it? So why the smeg is literally about 1/3 of the population in a blue (so I assume Everton?) shirt? They weren’t even going anywhere in particular last night (like all walking in the same direction to a match) they were just all over the place last night. Very odd.

For the record I like Liverpool and the locals. Very friendly IME. This is all just a bit strange to me.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

because they’d prefer to roll in one of these

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL! 🙂

Garry_Lager

Oh, and another thing: it’s not football season is it? So why the smeg is literally about 1/3 of the population in a blue (so I assume Everton?) shirt? They weren’t even going anywhere in particular last night (like all walking in the same direction to a match) they were just all over the place last night. Very odd.

Ever ton have signed two players this summer, for actual money, so we’re all celebrating.

Big, big road biking scene in Liverpool and the Wirral. Bad spot for mountain biking though.

project
    Free Member

Have a look at the liverpool loop line a Sustrans trail from southport to Hull, part of the transpennine trail, but through Lpool, aintree railway station to hunts cross its called the loop line.

Im across the river in Birkenhead.

http://www.letstravelwise.org/content227_Cycling.html for free maps of the areas that make up merseyside.

gwj72
    Free Member
    ds3000
    Free Member

I’m in Liverpool, and I’m an Evertonian – next season will be the one where we’ll either all explodes or finish in the top 4.

Loads of biking around, some clubs, Dolan for road, Woolybacks for MTB, ect.

I commute every day and do see a fair few, but nothing like some other cities Edinburgh/Bristol/Londinium. Bike lanes are few and far between, there is the Loop line, though I wouldn’t go on that after dark!

Liverpool isn’t half as bad as people make out, if you do get attacked at least you might hear a joke or two during the melee.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fairy nuff. Was just havin a giggle. 🙂

Actually just seen another at the shop getting tomorrows lunch. There’s THREE of us. Although I’m off tomorrow. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Yove also got the leeds liverpool canal from the docks to bootle, and further on, all good surfaces, and somer nice old buildings, then divert to the Crosby iron mne, at another place in crosby.

julianwilson
    Free Member

A friend worked for the home office in Liverpool (now in London) and said there were quite a few cycle commuters there and generally in Liverpol. …terrible for punctures though.

timc
    Free Member

I live city centre so walk to work but see a lot of the cycle traffic heading north, there are quite a few but your right not as many as other cities. To be fair Aintree is a suburb, so not many commuter routes through that area.

Originally from Crosby so know all the pathways round aintree, drop me a mail if you want some suggestions 🙂

wallop

Isn’t it all flat round there?

timc
    Free Member

yes it is all flat

mikewsmith
    Free Member

there are all in llandegla

JohnClimber
    Free Member

There are loads of us [waves]

Quite a few ride with this lot http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/content.php.

See you one the local trail soon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool – are there ANY cyclists there????’ is closed to new replies.