Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Live in the Bradford district? Got a few mins to fill in a survey?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Well guys and girls, i’ve been putting together a survey to ask a few questions about mountain biking and you riders in the Bradford district.

Would appreciate it if you could spend a few minutes filling it in and passing/sharing this on to anyone you know in Bradford who goes out and rides.

“Whats it for and how will it help” you might ask? Well it hopefully will be used as a catalyst for development and promotion in the future. No promises, this is the first of many steps.

http://bit.ly/mtbbradford

nellycrosscheck
    Free Member

Will fill it in tonight Darren…

Neil

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks.

Bump for the afternoon crowd.

withersea
    Free Member

Done did

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Done 🙂

Cowman

Hope it helps

edlong
    Free Member

Call me an ungrateful curmudgeon but I hope it doesn’t help – with questions about trailhead facilties, waymarked routes and all that.. if I want to ride a trail centre I don’t mind travelling to one. If I’m riding local I personally am not looking for “facilities” or loads of other mountain bikers attracted by leaflets and route maps..

Cowman

Edlong. Yes I agree, I really don’t think Bradford needs a trail centre. But there are lots of great great routes with bd postcodes, I hope that building this infrastructure is where this person / group are going. Not trying to put bike park Bradford together.

Still, people enjoying my hobby and getting out however it happens can only be good, and big parts of Bradford would love to get the regeneration that a mountain bike esk project could bring of done well.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I’ve done the survey but just thought of something else 🙂

I want a navigable route from the top of Calderdale (Warley Moor/Ogden) to Bradford via Queensbury-ish.

For purely selfish reasons because that would be my commute 🙂

rockhopperbike

flappit to be devloped- bit like lee quarry, and queensbury tunnel to be opened!

Tess
    Free Member

I have filled in the survey but having mountain biked around Bradford trails for 10 years or so am v happy the way things are’ it ai t broke don’t fix it.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks for responses, 100 so far and all very interesting. Some great comments about how things could be better to encourage/allow more mountain biking especially for families; access, state of trails etc

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Good luck with your efforts, I was the lead trail builder for the failed BMDC project in Bingley a few years ago. It all fell apart, as did Elam Woods at the same time (nothing to do with us, but I know the story). If you want to talk about my experience and how things might be done differently to possibly try avoid some of the pitfalls of our experience. hopwood[dot]mail[at]gmail[dot]com. Also, I’m in the Baildon MTB facebook group if you want to PM me thru there. It might not be relevant, it might save you some effort, don’t know cos you don’t go into any detail. I didn’t want to burn bridges with BMDC because never say never, so I just stepped away, maybe you’ll have more luck engaging thru a different channel.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Email sent thanks

Just had to copy the survey over to a new one with new address bloody free survey limits 🙁

New address is http://bit.ly/mtb-bradford for anyones future reference.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Live in the Bradford district? Got a few mins to fill in a survey?’ is closed to new replies.