Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Little van
  • willharrop
    Free Member

I’m looking for a little van to cart the bikes about in, budget £1500, I’m looking at Berlingo’s and Transit connects etc but this popped up and looks newer and smarter than most of the Berlingo’s that I’ve seen at this price point, does anyone have any experience of these – http://www.motor-hub.co.uk/used-cars/fiat-doblo-keighley-201504242887707

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got the 1.9jtd 2005, its a pretty good van, comfortable and easy to drive.
    Ball joints on the front are a bit prone to go, but cheap to buy the whole wishbone off eBay.
    The other common fault is the rheostat that works the screen blower can stop working but again a cheap eBay item.
    I would buy another one, good value vans.
    Here’s a link to the doblo forum, http://www.fiatforum.com/doblo/

willharrop
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll have a look!

matt_outandabout

How about some alternatives?
    Suzuki Carry?
    Even better (and my father just got rid of his) you can get a van camper.

I could put two bikes down the middle to travel, and have two full length beds to sleep at night 😀
    Sadly my father downsized ( 😆 ) and has one of these bad boys now.

spooky_b329

Hard to tell due to being photographed underground, but whats that black paint hiding? Could be applied by brush and look very tatty soon. Rear nearside looks a bit funny, reflections or has it been mangled? (bodywork and bumper)

Rear door dented, says ply lined but not in photo’s, drivers seat ripped. Also doesn’t have a side sliding door, assume its an option as you’d normally expect one.

northernmatt

Sod the doblo! Ask him how much he wants for that DC2 Integra behind it.

matt_outandabout

£5995 according to the screen.

keng38
    Free Member

I can fit my bike into a corsa van.
    Just take the wheels off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

suzukis rust underneath like no bodys business matt – right through the range – they seem worse than land rovers FFS

“Also doesn’t have a side sliding door, assume its an option as you’d normally expect one.”

not normally on small vans.

diesel doblo is a good value van as they are even worse looking than the other options – how ever the 1.3 engine is not the one to have. Prone to eating its own ECU at great expense same with other cars with the same engine- combo/astra/punto.and it looks like it just stepped out the 80s with the black below the bump strip. usually only see shite like that on tatty old VWs and so its a fairly fasionable way to hide how much of a rot box your car is 😀 just needs some chequer paint on the bonnet to complete the look.

avdave2

We’ve had a Doblo car, if you can call it that :-), for 8 years now and I’d get another if it and when it dies.

simmy
    Free Member

I’d walk away from the one in the OP’s link, that black paint is not standard, looks awful and could be hiding all sorts of nasties.

Could use it as a bargaining tool against a decent one though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Could use it as a bargaining tool against a decent one though.”

Really ….. if you came at me using that as a bargaining tool id ask in what way it was comparable given it looks a bit shit.

benji
    Free Member

Been very pleased with my Renault Kangoo, it’s a 1.5dci, super economical, carries two bikes and kit, plus spares, camping stuff and still space for more.

simmy
    Free Member

“Could use it as a bargaining tool against a decent one though.”

Really ….. if you came at me using that as a bargaining tool id ask in what way it was comparable given it looks a bit shit.

Yeah, just tell them you have seen one advertised for X amount and pray that he’s doesn’t open the link 😀

Vans are more of a minefield than cars condition wise. When I was looking for a Van, even stuff at £ 4-5000 were full of dents etc. I still cring when I think of the graffiti in the rear of the Transit I looked at that had been used by the Community Payback team 😯

unovolo
    Free Member

Another vote for a Renault Kangoo, I ran one for 12 months and was cheap to run and reliable for that time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Little van’ is closed to new replies.