Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 212 total)
  • Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In-ear headphones getting tangled up in my pocket.

Weetabix crumbs getting everywhere no matter how careful I am when getting the Weetabix out of the packet.

👿

Stoner
    Free Member

vaccum cleaner hose.

Is it a sign of madness if you swear at the hoover and kick it when the hose gets all wound up and turns Henry over?

thought so.

RealMan
    Free Member

The next poster.

starsh78
    Free Member

Toast crumbs in bed…

Left hand drive cars being driven in london…

lounge music!

TheFlyingOx

When petrol station goons stick the ‘8’ in upside down on the price signs.

DezB
    Free Member

You know when you drop something small and go to pick it up and it slips from your fingers and takes about three or four goes to actually pick it up again? That.

And when the tea bag flops back off the spoon and splashes tea everywhere.

starsh78
    Free Member

The next poster.

Post reported! Bwahahahaha 😈

starsh78
    Free Member

Your Mum…

iDave
    Free Member

The 3 second opera type soundbite for champions league footy – where they sing ‘the champions’ – **** hate it….. irrationally I know….

geoffj

If it wasn’t so little, it wouldn’t annoy me 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or when you have a really tricky small nail to hammer in – you *just* get it in place and are about to hit it when it falls back out. 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Mastiles_fanylion

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But there are plenty of reasons to be annoyed by me.

I am little though.

Hohum
    Free Member

People who can’t be bothered to blow their noses. Sniff! Sniff! Sniff!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The person in front in the supermarket queue not putting the little “next customer” thingy behind their shopping…

AAAAAAAAARGH! KILL! MAIM! DESTROY!

terrahawk
    Free Member

The cheeky tilt-head to one side and sit there with your hands in your lap like a little old lady mannerisms of Bill Turnbull.

BoardinBob

Whistling
    Children
    The parents of said children
    People that suddenly stop or change direction in the street without checking to see who’s nearby
    The inability of workmates to avoid pissing on the seat or smearing the toilet bowl with crap
    Most TV adverts
    Stansted Airport

Hohum
    Free Member

People leaving cupboard doors, drawers and wardrobe doors open, grrr!

molgrips
    Free Member

The person in front in the supermarket queue not putting the little “next customer” thingy behind their shopping.

You could always do it yourself..?

trickydisco
    Free Member

People who whisper.. I CANNOT STAND IT i tell you..

BoardinBob

The person in front in the supermarket queue not putting the little “next customer” thingy behind their shopping…

AAAAAAAAARGH! KILL! MAIM! DESTROY!

haha

You’re a douchebag. I love folk that get annoyed about that and I intentionally wind them up. I can sense them getting all anxious behind me, despite there being a 6 foot gap behind my shopping that they could put their goods on.

Moe

Waking up and hearing Richard Madleys voice!!!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You could always do it yourself..?

Who here makes very elaborate movements to say ‘Look, I am doing this for you, you lazy feckless idiot’ as they reach across said person to get the ‘next customer’ sign.

Not that I do, not ever.

Sometimes I just put my stuff down on the belt and watch a Mexican Standoff developing. They usually cave when they go into a blind panic that they may accidentally end up paying for my stuff.

terrahawk
    Free Member

despite there being a 6 foot gap behind my shopping what they could put their goods on

yes but the conveyor belt will stop at the next customer thing, thus ensuring that the checkout person doesn’t carry on beeping all the stuff through when they should have stopped.
    That’s what they’re for.

Think about it.

iDave
    Free Member

Automatic doors that are really slow to open, so you have to stop and wait for them

mudshark
    Free Member

Crumbs in the butter – use a butter knife.

rewski
    Free Member

When you finish your coffee, forget, then go for a swig, the disappointment is overwhelming.

I too hate sniffers.

BoardinBob

yes but the conveyor belt will stop at the next customer thing, thus ensuring that the checkout person doesn’t carry on beeping all the stuff through when they should have stopped.
    That’s what they’re for.

Think about it.

It’s even better when you pile your shopping on behind someone elses and they haven’t put the next customer thing down. I can feel the pulsing of the vein on their temple.

carbon337
    Free Member

My perfect topic – here goes:

+1 Hoover hose
    Litter
    Picking something up for it to fall over again, then pick it up again and it falls again – at that point it normally gets booted across house.
    Computers running slow
    iphone auto text thingy
    Our newborn baby screaming – i know it shouldn’t but it grinds on me
    Work related – folk in change management jobs who dont understand anything technical relating to the change so you could tell them anything.
    Rear mechs – the little L and H that you can hardly see
    Bluetooth – everything to do with it
    Printing from Computers and resizing images etc
    Onion Skins/Garlic Clove Skin
    Those Halifx isa isa baby adverts
    The Lloyds TSB adverts – all of them with their shitty music
    The Barclays bouncy castle adverts
    Traffic lights that sit with all lights on red – or on green when there are no cars there.
    Pot holes
    My mother in law

Thats just a start!

EDIT:

Automatic doors that are really slow to open, so you have to stop and wait for them

Yep +1 for that too

BoardinBob

Crumbs in the butter – use a butter knife.

Do you decant the butter using the butter knife then spread it with another one? 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When you finish your coffee, forget, then go for a swig, the disappointment is overwhelming.

Or when the last mouthful has gone cold because you left it a tiny bit too long.

hels
    Free Member

Ahh – that explains a small corner of British Culture I had never understood. Some people put the supermarket thingie on the counter, some don’t – what is the proper form ?? One should do it, but of course one should never under any circumstances speak about it, if another person doesn’t, instead display lots of sniffy body language ?? Bit like waiting in line for the bus then.

terrahawk
    Free Member

It’s even better when you pile your shopping on behind someone elses and they haven’t put the next customer thing down. I can feel the pulsing of the vein on their temple

what will happen though is that the checkout person will make the mistake that I described earlier, then what will happen is that your items will need to be removed from the other person’s transaction before they can pay for it and you get your turn.
    Which will just mean that you spend quite a lot longer at the checkout.

Wow you’re a genius.

DezB
    Free Member

Crap driving on the motorway that has no effect on me (eg. in the rearview mirror or in a completely different lane).

jon1973
    Free Member

Waking up and hearing Richard Madleys voice!!!!

Have you and Richard spoken to Judy about this yet? she has the right to know. Do you spoon?

Moe

Jeremy Vine!!!

geoffj

Sometimes I just put my stuff down on the belt and watch a Mexican Standoff developing. They usually cave when they go into a blind panic that they may accidentally end up paying for my stuff.

I play that little game EVERY time. Adds a little bit of sunshine to one of teh worst domestic chores of all time 🙂

Fred

rewski
    Free Member

Being Stuck behind a Doris on a Boris (bike), riding like she’s in a shampoo advert.

samuri
    Free Member

Ladies of the internet.
    They offer so much but you can’t even touch them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.