Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Little people seats
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

So little Miss Orange Lad at 2 years and 3 months is nearing the weight limit of our weeride. So what have other people used? Need to have a seat for the nursery run.

acidchunks

How much does she actually weigh?

The weeride site quotes the weight limit as 40lbs in the FAQ and less on the product pages.

chiefgrooveguru

I didn’t even know there was a weight limit! My daughter’s legs were our limiting factor – I realised I couldn’t turn the bars at all…

OrangeLad
    Free Member

So on the back of the seat it states 15kg or 33lbs, she is current 14.1kg and actually quite tall so if I drop the foot rests they will foul the fork crown, and if I turn the bars they do touch her legs ok for commuting but I’m not sure I’d like to do anything more than that.

I realise 900g is a lot of weight for her to put on so I’ve got a few months left.

acidchunks

From http://www.weeride.com/faq

What are the age and weight limits for passengers of the Kangaroo and LTD child carriers?
    The recommended limits are 4 years old and 40lbs.

Probably fine on weight. My daughter is >15kg at 3yrs and still in hers.

I’ve purposely left a long steerer on my fork when building the bike so stem is really high and the bars aren’t anywhere near her knees. A longer stem could help but not if it puts your chest into the back of her head.

When the time comes to replace I’ll be looking to buy a Tyke Toter. No UK distro but can be ordered from the states.

https://www.tyketoter.com/

markshires
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the seats that fix on the back of the bike have an higher weight rating than 15kg, if that’s an option for you.

I only say as I can remember checking the weight of my yougest making sure he was under the limit and it turned out my oldest happened to be as well not that he would have fit in it.

cjr61

Weeride is 15kg EU and 18kg USA. Pretty sure it’s the same seat, just different bureaucracy. Seems they suggest height is a greater limiting factor than weight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Little people seats’ is closed to new replies.