Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Liteville owners – what wheel size are you running?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Had my 601 for a couple of months now, running my old 26″ wheels, and am very happy with it. I’ve ridden a couple of mates’ 27.5″ bikes recently to see if the trails really do come alive and was pleasantly surprised so contemplating going 27.5 on the LV.
    Options I’m considering are:

Option1 27.5 front and back
    Option2 27.5 front/26 rear

LV recommend both but was wondering what size wheels are you guys running? Anyone done option 1?

Obviously option 1 would be cheaper, just forks and a front rim/wheel build.
    Thoughts appreciated…

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Mine should be built the next week or so, I’m running 27.5 asym i29, but will try a 26 in the back.

welshfarmer

Been running my 301 with 650b front and 26 rear. Really like the way it rides. I rann 26 both ends when I first got it but it didn’t feel as stable downhill. However, too many variables like tyres forks etc changed with the upgrade so difficult to tell what made the biggest difference

hamishthecat
    Free Member

301 here so obviously not quite the same. Have tried 27.5 front and rear and now gone to 26 rear which feels better. I thought front and rear at 27.5 made it feel a bit tall – which might not apply to your 601.

P20

26″ front and rear on a 301. Haven’t ridden any 650 so can’t really comment

bubs

I think this will depend on frame size too? I rode an XL in Garda with a 29″ front wheel but I think I preferred the 27.5 front (which was fairly standard on the other sizes). Couldn’t tell much difference between 26 or 27.5 on the back.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks guys so far. It’s a large frame so recommended for 27.5″.
    The LV video on how the scaled sizing works seems to explain it really well.
    Sounds like 27.5 front could be the way to go

chickenman

650b front, 26″ rear on a 301: Keeps the BB height down, half a degree slacker up front and means I can run a standard 11-36t cassette with a 30t chainring and have a low enough gear to get up anything.
    The Syntace 35mm wide wheels make a huge difference to how it rides downhill btw.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I agree completely with chickenman, 650B front and 26″ rear is the way to go.
    I’m running that combination on both my 301 and 601, only the rim widths vary (35mm on the 301 & 40mm on the 601).
    If you run a 26″ rear, you can get a true 2.5 tyre on a 40mm rim in there. 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ve picked up a cheap 27.5″ i25 rim that I can build up initially.
    Can see me going with the Syntace wheels at some point though…

220si
    Free Member

Hi stevied,

Do you use your 601 as your main/only bike?

I’ve just waiting for mine to arrive, I’ve got a set of 650b stans on the way but I’ve got my old 26″ that I can use.

But will try it out on 26 whilst waiting for my 650b forks.

stevied
    Free Member

si, yes, it’s my only bike. Use it for everything from XC blasts to DH uplift days. Overkill for most things but pedals very well considering. It’s better uphill than the Intense it’s replaced which had a CTD shock.
    I can’t afford multiple bikes so decided on one that could do it all.
    It is a brilliant bit of kit and so well thought out…enjoy!

HansRey

301, XXL. 26” front and rear. Just got my forks tuned, so I won’t be changing to 27.5 anytime soon.

220si
    Free Member

Glad to hear that Stevie, was a little worried as I’m coming from a carbon zesty which has been great on the ups and confidence inspiring on the downs.

I’ve seen the liteville 301 before and think they are proper awesome engineering but the 601 came up at the right time.

A little overkill but I’m thinking if it pedals well then will be great compromise for year round and then used on uplifts and in the alps

stevied
    Free Member

If it’s a long climb I add a couple of clicks to the LS compression on the Vivid air.

220si
    Free Member

Sorry Stevie,

Another question, does your weight a ton or does it ride heavy??

My zesty is about 29-30lb has pikes, Hope wheels and tubeless super Gravity schwalbe tyres f&r.

The zesty rides light and feels very sprightly but when ploughing on the downs can get deflected and in the alps felt out of its depth.

stevied
    Free Member

Mines approx 31lb with Lyriks, Pro3 AM4 wheels, Maxxis 2.4/2.3 tyres and 1×10 gears.
    You may notice a bit of extra weight going up but it’s very stable going down. By far the fastest bike down I’ve ridden 😀

chickenman

601 is harder to ride uphill than a 301 for sure.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to have a 301 and a 601 at the moment.
    The 301 is 2×10 XT, 160 Pike @ 31.2lb
    The 601 is 1×11 X01, 180 Formula 35 @ 31.8lb
    Both with stealth reverbs, supergravities on the rear and snakeskins on the front, all tubeless.

There is only 0.6lb of difference between them. Plan was to run both back-to-back then decide in slow time if I can manage with just the 601 (plus a hardtail).
    In practice, I’ve hardly touched the 301 since I got the 601 though. Yes, I know the 601 has still got the new and shiny appeal, but I’m not finding it significantly harder to drag up Calderdale/Lakes climbs.

stevied
    Free Member

How you getting on with the 35’s ET? I’m perusing suitable forks at the moment…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Formula 35s are proving to be very good. Very Pike-esque in fact.
    Only slight criticism is that they are a bit noisy… you can really hear the damping circuit doing its thing. Plenty stiff enough. Well thought out & well put together.

boltonjon

301 MK10 in XXL and i’m running 26″ both ends

Just added some carbon rims to it too 🙂

Viva la 26″!!!

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’m perusing suitable forks at the moment…

Have a look on CRC, X-fusion metrics are down to £430 at the moment for the 180mm fork.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Liteville owners – what wheel size are you running?’ is closed to new replies.