Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Liteville 301 rear mech hanger – the sacrificial bolt that didn't
  • Leadfold

I have been riding around on my Liteville 301 happy in the knowledge that if I clouted my rear mech, the sacrificial bolt would snap and it would be the work of a moment to replace it with the spare threaded into the bottom bracket.

However when a broken spoke took out the rear mech the sacrificial bolt refused to give itself up for the greater good. Instead of shearing it stripped the thread out of the rear hanger, leaving me to walk home.

So if like me you hadn’t anticipated this, add a rear hanger to the spares in your pack.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thread title of the day IMHO.

andytherocketeer

though litevilles had a spare hanger included, and screwed in to somewhere else on the chainstay?
    maybe i’m mistaken

chiefgrooveguru

Noooooooo, I thought that was the most awesome feature, almost made me buy one!

Leadfold

The Liteville does have a spare hanger bolt, it is threaded into the bottom bracket. However the bolt failed to shear, so the spare bolt wasn’t needed, the hanger was. So the spare bolt policy like a good idea, but in effect you still
    have to carry a spare hanger, just like any other bike.

tomaso
    Free Member

It wouldn’t happen on a proper bike made in Taiwan. You can’t trust these cheap German imports.

chiefgrooveguru

They are made in Taiwan!

Crell
    Free Member

The Liteville does have a spare hanger bolt, it is threaded into the bottom bracket.

Really? … off to inspect the BB … so it does 🙂

The cube hanger fits and costs less than the Liteville / Syntace one.

Did you have the Rockguard fitted?

iain1775
    Free Member

Crell, Would the rock guard have protected against the OP’s broken spoke?

Crell
    Free Member

Crell, Would the rock guard have protected against the OP’s broken spoke?

Are you suggesting I should read the OP more closely ? Fair, but who knows…

Interested because I have a RG2 and I’ve never been convinced by it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 rear mech hanger – the sacrificial bolt that didn't’ is closed to new replies.