Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Litespeed built Cove Hummer – warranty period?
  • mayan
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the warranty period would be on a Cove Hummer frame built by Litespeed?
    I’m trying to find some details and finding it difficult to get a definitive answer, so any info or help would be appreciated.

thanks

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Silverfish say 5 years.I thought it would be longer.Didnt know it was that short!!!.

mayan
    Free Member

Thanks, when you write ” silverfish say” can you clarify? In a personal phone call, on their website etc?
    Cos I’ve had some conflicting info regarding 2,3 and 5 year warranty, my frame is approx 4.5 years old so it makes quite a difference to me!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi well there was a thread on here last year about this and Richie from Silverfish came on here saying that the Litespeed Hummers with 26.8mm seatpost had 5 years warranty but the first Lynskey built ones with 27.2mm only had 2 years warranty.Now they are 30.mm i think and you get 5 years.If you search Somfa or something like that he brought a hummer from Merlin and had few problems with it and got it all sorted so i think he knows a fair bit about it.Mine is a litespeed built one an 09 so 5 years old end of the year.I was surprised to fine they only had 5 years on them when you think how much they cost.Hope this helps abit.

mayan
    Free Member

Yeah, mine is a litespeed built in 08, and I was sure the warranty was 5 years, but getting some conflicting info, so I’m trying to find a definite answer

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Best thing to do is email Richie @ Silverfish he is very helpfull.

mayan
    Free Member

In fairness I’ve been dealing with silverfish already and they have been great and really helpful, it seems the problem is further up the chain. Thanks for the help, hopefully will get it sorted, I love that bike 🙁

peajay

Mine is a litespeed one from 07 and I’m pretty sure the seat post is 27.2?

mayan
    Free Member

Yep, mine is 27.2mm, but its def litespeed, I have the welding checklist tag that came with it, bought in Aug 08

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Litespeed built Cove Hummer – warranty period?’ is closed to new replies.