Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lister Lion Cyclocross 14th September who fancies this?
  • millscc
    Free Member

New for the 2013 Walk and Ride Festival MyTriEvents are proud to present the Lister Lion Cyclocross at Shibden Hall.

Set in the beautiful grounds of the Lister family’s Shibden Park Estate we can promise all the thrills and spills of cyclocross, with barriers, jumps, roots, singletrack and some amazing off camber sections as the race winds it’s way around Shibden Hall itself.

With races for everyone from beginners to seasoned riders. We have separate races for women, novice, senior, vet and juniors/youth along with kids races too.

Will you win the prime as you pass Lister’s Lion? With Roller Racing / Kids activities and Bike Demos its more than just a Cross

Don’t worry if the racing isn’t for you as in the grounds there will be food stalls, a bar, trade stands along with family entertainment and roller racing. Come down with your cowbells and cheer on the fun.

U8 / U10 10am
    U12 10.30am
    Youth/juniors 11.30am
    Novice 12.45 pm
    Women 2 pm
    Vets 3.30pm
    Seniors 5pm

http://www.mytrievents.co.uk/sportive/lister-lion-cyclo-cross/

millscc
    Free Member

you can ride mtg if you don’t have a cx

aP
    Free Member

That’s a long day for the promoters and commissaires.

millscc
    Free Member

Yes I know, that’s me! Even longer as we have this on the next day http://www.mytrievents.co.uk/sportive/shibden-spinner-sportive/

Sleep is over rated!

aP
    Free Member

Good luck!

LS
    Free Member

What category is the senior race?

postierich
    Free Member

any camping!

millscc
    Free Member

Yes camping if you need it. No showers though so you’ll be smelly, but we don’t mind 😉

millscc
    Free Member

– LS, Senior men. Women have their own race, V40 and up have their own race.

Or if you’re new to it all then just try the novice race.

That help?

LS
    Free Member

I meant what category in the sense of Cat C (Go-race), cat B (standard regional-level race) or cat A (big regional/lower-level national race)?

millscc
    Free Member

It’s not a BC race. It’s run by MyTriEvents and privately insured.

It’s to encourage people to have a go, have a beer, watch, cheer and have a nice day out in a beautiful setting.

LS
    Free Member

Ok, thanks.

alibongo001

Hi Ali!

If this is anything like the City cross event in March then it will be great!

(Although that event did cost me a little finger!)

I’ll probably be there as it is across the road from my house!

millscc
    Free Member

Yes, we have all the same food vendors and the bar too. You wait till you see it, such a cool setting!

millscc
    Free Member

Ready for Beer, Pizza, Hog and racing?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Am I ok entering the novice race on my mountain bike? Mailed you about it via the website last week and never had a reply…

Was there with the kids at the weekend and a coffee – is a great venue for a race!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, just re-read your comment about riding mtb. Will enter at lunchtime 😀

millscc
    Free Member

Ah terribly sorry we didn’t get back to you. Yes you’re all goo to go with MTB.

There’s a pump track arriving for the kids too!

Looks like it’s going to be ace 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lister Lion Cyclocross 14th September who fancies this?’ is closed to new replies.