Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • List of corporates and international organisations based in Lake Geneva region
  • jhw
    Free Member

I thought it would be useful if we put together a thread listing all large employers headquartered in the Lake Geneva region which employ English speakers who do not speak French. I’ll add details from Wikipedia etc. when I have time:

Nestle (Lausanne)
    World Trade Organisation (Geneva)
    ICRC (Red Cross) (Geneva)

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Interoute – if you’re in telecoms or IT.

BigJohn

Is this a list you refer to when trying to postpone the vinegar strokes?

Nestle is in Vevey BTW

br
    Free Member

There are many large org based in CH, but most of them are no more than a plate on a lawyers door…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

HP EMEA – Geneva. Or at least used to be a few years ago

jhw
    Free Member

HP EMEA

Good one.

Law firms with big trade practices – Sidley Austin?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im clearly missing the relevance of this thread to a cycling forum. (Not trolling, genuinely intrigued)

simon_g

General Mills have their euro HQ in Nyon.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I thought it would be useful if we put together a thread listing all large employers headquartered in the Lake Geneva region which employ English speakers who do not speak French

Why ? Or indeed pourquoi ?

jhw
    Free Member

So people who want to work near the Alps (for skiing and mtbing obvs)(not me I would stress…) have an idea of their options!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aaah i see. Furry muff.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Nestle would be perfect. Live in France across the lake near Evian. Then could buy an affordable farmhouse, and commute by ferry daily across to Vevy 8)

Mrs Norris is a Trademark Attorney so thats our plan 1 day.

beanum

There’s one problem freeridenick, there isn’t a direct ferry from Evian to Vevey I’m afraid..
    CGN Website

I can see why the idea would be attractive though:

Here’s some more companies for the list:
    Salesforce
    Yahoo!
    British American Tobacco
    Philip Morris
    International Olympic Committee (and pretty much every other sports organisation)

rockhopperbike

CERN

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘List of corporates and international organisations based in Lake Geneva region’ is closed to new replies.