Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • linked in
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

any good? worth it for networking….looking at a new job shortly and thought id give it a go

imnotamused
    Free Member

Definitely, my wife got headhunted via linked in

stabilizers

Yes. Life changing for me in a professional/business sense.

Then again….depends who you know or more importantly who knows you.

Garry_Lager

I think so yeah – although I don’t use it as it’s not helpful for my line of work. My wife was made redundant in a site closure, so a lot of people laid off at the same time, and they all found it genuinely useful, used it as a sort of support network for finding new positions. Maybe that’s a slightly unusual example though.

See what people in your line of work are doing with it. If they’re just dicking around making random connections then it might not be worthwhile – if it’s really moving people around then worth taking seriously.

nickjb
    Free Member

Pretty good but you have to actually use it and do stuff not sign up and sit back.

Squidlord
    Free Member

It could be very useful if you’re looking for a job as it’s swarming with recruiters. Think carefully about what keywords & skills you have on your profile, as this will make you show up in searches.

velocipede
    Free Member

agree with all of the above….

very useful for me for networking but you must put some effort into it

jedi

i’m on it as ukbikeskills and cross post to it from twitter etc thats all

garage-dweller

Needs effort but useful.

I’ve had a few attempted headhunts through it and it’s useful for sharing stuff with your business connections etc. Got to put the effort in though.

spacemonkey

Depends on your line of work TBH. I know people who’ve done well out of it and others that haven’t. Worth joining any relevant groups and basically getting yourself known.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘linked in’ is closed to new replies.