Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lining up bars forks seats etc
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Is there an trick to lining up your bars seats forks stems etc to get them straight.

Just moved my seat again and I can feel it is out by a tiny bit.

hols2
    Free Member

At the crack of dawn on the night of the full moon, point your bike exactly at the pole star, then align your saddle with Uranus.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One just gets your man to do it after they clean your bike

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/VcLcFRQvf-k[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HR4w-TAL-w[/video]

jonnyboi

Lasers, many lasers

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve made a plastic tool that sits on the fork and stem front and it removes the odd mm that eye alignment can’t. If you’re particular about getting it 100% perfect I can send you details. Email in profile.

mattyfez

I’ve always just done it by eye.
    Get it roughly right and tighten the fixings just enough to stop them moving under thier own weight.
    Then just knock/twist them straight with your hand until happy.
    With the saddle just sight it from behind the bike and make sure the tip is pointing directly at the middle of the steering tube. Just slap the tip of the saddle with your palm to move it.
    Then nip all the fixings up to the appropriate tightness.

roverpig

Whenever I adjust mine they feel a bit wrong for the first five minutes, then I forget all about it.

RustySpanner

Which side does sir, er, ride?

nealglover
    Free Member

Lasers, many lasers

Rotating laser. It’s what I use 🙂

I sell lasers and always have loads knocking around, so may as well get use out of them.

I also use lasers to put up curtain rails and shelves, to hang pictures and anything else that really doesn’t require laser precision.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lining up bars forks seats etc’ is closed to new replies.