• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ji.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lincolnshire Rides
  • pauldowker
    Free Member

HI,

Does anyone know any rides around Lincoln? I'm moving out of the city to Harmston and want to be ble to ride from the doorstep. Also, are there any evening rides that are organised?

Thanks in advance

SBrock
    Free Member

best speak to the guys at Cyclesport on the High St, the guy who runs it lives in North Hykeham and rides a Cotic Soda that he races, so he must know some good routes round here. I live in Norh Hykeham as well but I have a Heckler which is way too much bike for round here – there are a few of us in Lincoln on STW but I haven't met any of them as most of my riding is in the Dark Peak/Dalby/Wales.

Hope this helps!

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Hi Paul,

I have recently moved to Harmston and would be interested if you want to go out exploring sometime. I don't know of many routes yet but sure i'll find some!

bonj
    Free Member

if you're moving to lincolnshire, my advice –
    a) get a road bike
    b) prepare to drive a long way when the road bike doesn't satisfy the lust for mtbing
    😉
    for me nearest is dalby 2hrs up the A1 but it's bloody shut at the moment, wales is 4 hours, peaks is a quagmire

harmston's not far from where i live

fwiw you are also pretty much on the doorstep of superstarcomponents …not sure whether that's an advnatage or dis~ 😉

SBrock
    Free Member

yeh superstar is about 2mins from me, I have met Neil – not quite sure what to make of him/or the set up down there! Been reading bits on ere' about him being a bit dodgy – mind you he did replace a BB for me that had used for a day in the Dark Peak!

pauldowker
    Free Member

Hi Litespeed, sounds good.

We're living uphill right now, but hopefully we'll complete on a house in the village this week coming. There's nothing good up here to ride from the door, I've just built a crosser to ride for work. Thinking of the Viking Way to get to work.

As for superstar, they seem to be OK, i've had no problems with them, my 'dale is running the 1.5" headset and seems ok, they are always really friendly, but i hear they have moved now..

Rivett
    Free Member

Hi Paul
    There is not much but some of the stuff along the Edge is OK. A few of us meet on a Monday evening in Navenby. Just where Headland Way meets the High Dike at 7.30pm.

ji
    Free Member

A bit further afield than Lincoln – but if you come over the Louth way then http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB has rides and a local forum.

There are a couple of riders on there from nearer Lincoln who ride regularly as well – they might be up for meeting up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lincolnshire Rides’ is closed to new replies.