Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • limers gate
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

where is this place ?
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1241750
    just researching now… is is above 'pecket well'past (Hebden) and further up to oxenhope…im trying to find the bridleway in that area… if i was to cycle by road to this area (up the keighley rd way), how far up wud i need to go and then get on this bridleway…id like to follow the bridleway… where does it bring you out at ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it's *here*

Take the road north from Hebden Bridge past Pecket Well and turn R 600m after you take the R fork in the road

click pic for more

Dave
    Free Member

elaineanne
    Free Member

how far up from the 'pecket -well' mill are we talking ? what shud i be looking out for (signposts wise… sorry im not too familiar with this limers gate… but i do know keighley rd all the way to oxenhope etc….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

how far up from the 'pecket -well' mill are we talking ?

if you look at my map link you can see it's about 1.5km north

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok yep i had a drive up there as i was in Hebden otherday and found the sign post which actualy says 'Limers gate' on it ! so ive never gone up that track before now ( do walkers complain of bikes being up there at all ? .. looks like a ride for summer… its very boggy at the mo..
    sooo, does it come out at 'midgley' then.. cheeers

ton

just before whare the ice cream/tea van parks on the right.

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep found it Ton ! just wondering how long the route is… and where it comes out at..

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

sooo, does it come out at 'midgley' then..

It drops into Luddenden Dean if you follow it South East.

ton

if you turn right where it drops in to luddenden dean it does go to midgley

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

The Luddenden Dean way is best. It's pretty lethal at speed.

oxnop
    Free Member

It's a quagmire at the mo

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Liners gate into luddenden is decent in the dry, under a foot of black mud at the moment. If you drop down towards the top of luddenden dean, turn left at the bw post then that puts you onto the dyke trail to warley moor res, a mice all weather trail. You could then loop around Ogden res and go back the same way.

elaineanne
    Free Member

..a mice all weather trail…. hmmm intersting … i shall look out for many mice then ! lol….. i mite wait till summer for that ride then… i dont wanna get a case of black foot rot ! lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘limers gate’ is closed to new replies.