Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Like Sufferfest but free?
  • franksinatra

Time to dust off the turbo. I really like the structure of Downward Spiral and Revolver but fancy a change. Can anyone recommend a free alternative?

atlaz
    Free Member

Watching old races on the internet?

federalski
    Free Member

GCN has some sufferfest style videos on YouTube. Can’t say I’ve bothered doing them myself but I’ve had a wee look at some of them and they look pretty good.

Spud

I use the GCN vids. Seem to work OK.

MSP

Sufferfest have a “trainerroad” style app now which includes access to all the videos, monthly subscription through winter is pretty good value IMO.

prawny

There’s loads of turbo vids on YouTube. GCN ones are some of the best, there’s bikeradar ones too that are ok, if a bit ‘spin class’ but it’s better than just pootling away with no real aim.

Nothing is quite as good as zwift though.

fifeandy
    Free Member

The GCN 40 min and 60 min workouts are good, but don’t quite give the same feel as sufferfest.
    Got to say i’m not a fan of the way sufferfest offer their content, might sound a bit old fashioned, but i’d actually like to be able to get 2-3 of them on dvd

markgraylish
    Free Member

When I was looking around for something similar last winter, most of the players had a free trial period. I think zwift has a free month intro offer or if you’re a strava premium member, November and December are free…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A little biased but sty the subscription on the app (gets you all the vids) https://thesufferfest.com/collections/cycling-videos
    It means the Sufferlandrian in the office can keep coming to the pub on Fridays if you buy his videos – new vids coming out now or soon I think
    Alternativly
    https://www.strava.com/videos
    Strava premium offers some other vids for free (2 month trial subs available)

franksinatra

It would be good if on Sufferfest you could get the same videos but with different music. After riding downward spiral for a couple of winters now I get fed up with the same tunes!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll pass on your feedback… They are working on a new set so I’d imagine it would have new music. Think release aimed at your winter

ade9933
    Free Member

just search indoor cycling on youtube. there are loads. You might want to overlay your own tunes though some are pretty dire.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Like Sufferfest but free?’ is closed to new replies.