Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lightweight touring Drybags/Stuffsacks – cheap and easy Mounting solutions?
  • cookeaa

after a couple of threads this past week drifted onto touring topics I’ve been planning possible adventures for spring/summer, trying to do the lightweight touring thing with or without sleeping/bivvy bags… we’ll see.

I quite like the idea of forgoing panniers and just strapping stuff sacks under the saddle and the bars, and I’ve been looking at the differnt sizes that “Pod” do…

I was thinking some creative use of luggage straps/bungee’s might work especially after seeing the prices for some of the cleverer mounting systems out there.

Anyone got any neat pictures/illustrations and/or tips?

continuity
    Free Member

Alpkit alpkit alpkit?

cookeaa

Ooooh, I’d not looked at alpkit, their Airlock jobbies are pretty much exactly what I was after… under £30 could do saddle and bars, Nice!

Cheers for that!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Definitely Alpkit – they are the uber company when it comes to dry bags etc 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

strapping stuff under you saddle so they won’t wobble is harder than you’d think!

I’d definitely try their tapered one if you don’t want to go the harness route

richpips
    Free Member

Alpkit have a tapered drybag.

Zipties ftw.

Airlok Tapered 13l

cookeaa

That’s what I was just looking at, the Airlock Xtra Taper for the seat and the 13L Dual for the bars…

The Harness makes sense until you see the prices, and I won’t be using this kit loads, and probably not at all through winter, luggage for occasional long trips, maybe need to source some decent extra straps to lash them on more securely with? What do they come with as standard?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight touring Drybags/Stuffsacks – cheap and easy Mounting solutions?’ is closed to new replies.