Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lightweight equivalent to Charge Spoon?
  • 13thfloormonk

Nervously eyeing the very narrow Selle Italia SLR saddle on my new road bike, the obvious thing to do is to take it out for a 5 hour ride and see how I get on, but presuming it goes badly, what fits like a Spoon but lighter? I’m guessing something from the Fabric range?

Spin
    Free Member

Charge Knife?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fizik Aliante carbon is similar ish.

The Fabric’s are also similar but the cover is too tacky so it’s difficult to move around if you want to.

scotroutes

Specialized saddles in 143mm are about the same width. Try a Toupe.

rocketman
    Free Member

SLRs are brilliant it might take a bit longer than 5 hrs to break in but persevere. Not sure which one you’re looking at but the carbonios are fantastic

sockpuppet

I have a Knife, and find it agreeable. Feels very similar to the spoon.

BadlyWiredDog

Or a Charge Spoon and live with the small weight increase. Or a Charge Knife as above.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Charge knife – which is what I have on my road bike.

Northwind

I really like the Knife but I don’t think it’s that much like the Spoon tbh- pretty different shape

colournoise

Fabric Scoop shallow (or flat if you don’t want it too much like a spoon).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ti Spoon? TBH comfort is worth a few grammes in the long run.

jonba
    Free Member

Check out the fabric range. I thought they started off as the same mould. Either way I find them to be very similar and the fabric ones are relatively light.

kerley
    Free Member

SLRs are brilliant

Agree, have used them for years. Also used a spoon many tears ago and liked that too so they are presumably similar in compatibility for a certain shape of rider.

wilburt
    Free Member

I swapped from Spoons to Spech ronins when the covering of Spoons changed. They are lighter but not as light as Spech claim.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight equivalent to Charge Spoon?’ is closed to new replies.