Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Lightweight Down Jackets Rab Microlight etc
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

😆

buttttttt im not using it for walking, and it only takes 5-10mins to get changed after riding…. im literally using it for that and to get to biking in the car when its cold first thing and get changed, its not going to be any worse than my 5 year old fleece with holes in everywhere 8)

it wont be out in prolonged rain of any sort is what im saying 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

can’t really go wrong at that price, one for best and one for roughing it?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

exactly my thinking is, if i like it (ive never owned one), then before winter this year, ill get a RAB one or similar for going out and looking smart, this is merely just a test one and used for biking duties, whether it be, to/from, cleaning bike etc etc 🙂

asbrooks

I have a Tresspass ramirez, because I’m a cheapskate. But it’s nice and warm, very light and packs up to nothing.
    Ramirez

dumbbot
    Free Member

If i could pitch in with some budget synthetic recommendations. Go Outdoors own brand North Ridge, i have the Onyx Gilet with primaloft insulation for £30, I really like it…wash it, trash it…so cheap i don’t care

North Ridge Onyx Smock £45
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/north-ridge-onyx-smock-p301334

North Ridge Men’s Hybrid Core Jacket £60

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/north-ridge-mens-hybrid-core-jacket-p362092

irc

Another +1 for Decathlon X-light £29.99. I use it for exactly what you describe. Plenty warmth but doesn’t pack quite as small as some of the more expensive jackets.

It won’t pack as small because the arms and hoods are not down filling.

+1 for the Uniqlos.

neil853
    Free Member

How do the decathlon ones size up? I’m an XL in Rab clothing

natrix
    Free Member

I’ve just pushed the button on a decathlon orange one 😀

I find the decathlon jackets and tops are on the small size. I’m normally size L with most brands, but with Aldi stuff I’m size M and with decathlon I’m size XL.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight Down Jackets Rab Microlight etc’ is closed to new replies.