Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lightweight body protection?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Never used body armour, never needed too. However as getting older and have a few trips planned this year I have started to think maybe a good idea. Not after DH type but just xc type. Can anyone suggest unintrusive lightweight kind of protection, just basics really?

jam-bo

What are you trying to protect against? Impact, abrasion?

Some of the lighter stuff is barely worth wearing.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I guess abrasion, I am not a hardcore rider and to be fair have never had issues crashing on trips away, guess its more psychological than physical protection like a safety buffer. Maybe its a bit over thought by me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

661 subgear vests are useful – although I cut off the padding round the sternum as it makes them hotter for little point that I can see.

Its a compression type material though so is more ‘cooling’ to wear than, say, a HH lifa.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

leatt 3df, best stuff on the market, the more force it gets hit with the better it repels the force, same stuff as the moto gp riders wear.

nickjb
    Free Member

661 2×4 and 4×4 are nice and lightweight. Very good for abrasion and can take the sting out of knocks. They seem harder to find these days. Shame as my 4x4s are getting a bit worn now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight body protection?’ is closed to new replies.