Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lightweight Body Armour/Padding Protection recommendation
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Looking for some body armour/protection for the odd “faster” day.

Got a Bike Park Wales uplift day planned, only likely to stick with the lower end stuff but would like some lightweight protection just for that comfort blanket!

Any recommendations? Have seen the 661 sub gear vest/t-shirts – would be worn with knee and elbow pads!

mattbee

I’ve got an Evoc lightweight back protector vest thingy that isn’t too obtrusive. But sweaty in hot weather but with elbow and knee/shin pads covers all the important bits I want to whilst still bearable for climbing etc.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Have seen that, does it have anything on the shoulders

mattbee

Thin pad, but wouldn’t expect it to stop much. It was the back and kidney that I was interested in tbh.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I have a hard shell full jacket that I wear, but it’s way over the top for my riding so I’ve been looking to replace it with something more subtle.

I’ve narrowed my search down to these:
    troy lee
    blue grass

Reviews look positive and I’d be happy spending that money on one, but I haven’t got spare cash at the mo, so it’s on hold.

rhid

I got an 7IDP control suit recently. I have not managed to use it yet but its nice and light with chect back and shoulder protection, but its still quite slim line. Nowhere near as bulky as my old 661 pressure suit evo.

I looked at the Troy Lee and Blue Grass stuff but decided on the 7IDP in the end. Currently on sale at CRC too.

gonzy
    Free Member

first time i went BPW i just used my helmet, gloves and knee pads for protection…i cam off and landed on my head and the bike hit me on the back of the shoulder.
    scratches on the shoulder blade and a big hole in my right elbow…funny thing is that i posted a picture of me on facebook when we got there and a friend commented on me not having elbow pads!! she must have jinxed me!! i’d lent my 661 pressure suit to another rider who did in fact need it for his big tumble.

the following year we went he borrowed my pressure suit again but in return he lent me his long sleeved 661 sub gear top.

we’re going again next month. i’ve given my pressure suit away to another friend and have bought my own long sleeved sub gear shirt which i’ll be wearing….anything more than that feels a bit overkill for BPW…it’d be more suited for Antur Stinniog IMO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight Body Armour/Padding Protection recommendation’ is closed to new replies.