Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • lightweight, all-day, racy full suspension? (pics)
  • 7hz
    Free Member

You need to take the calliper off to take the wheel off, so that’s two allen bolts, plus the wheel itself, that’s three.

It is more of a PITA than a QR for sure.

But as noted, you don’t need to remove the wheel to change tyres or tubes, fix punctures etc. So unless you need to remove the tyre for transport, it is not a big downside.

sefton
    Free Member

the Turner Flux does look awesome IMO!

found these pics…

anyone got one?

would it be OK with 100mm Sid’s?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just another observation, only the Giant out of all them would you be able to carry on your shoulder comfortably…

sefton
    Free Member

I’m hoping to ride it TBH 😆

(well spotted though) 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Really like my Top Fuel, far nicer than any of the Epics I’ve had IMO.

footflaps

Can highly recommend a Cannondale Scalpel (had two) or a Scott Spark (current race bike).

sefton
    Free Member

Hows the scalpel for all day rides 5plus hours (Pennines, dales, lakes)?

docrobster
    Free Member

2 guys I ride with, one has an anthem x2, other has a scott spark (not sure which one- but carbon frame, 100mm rebas, slx etc)
    Both of them leave me for dead on the climbs if I’m on my FS (2006 marin quad tara 140mm revs etc) or HT (456SS with pikes) but on the downs I am waiting for them at the bottom.
    Not sure what this tells us other than both are light efficient pedalling but steep & twitchy XC bikes (and/or both my mates are fitter than me but a pair of wusses going downhill).
    Has anyone suggested trying them all and seeing which one you like best?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sefton – what did you get in the end? I’m swaying towards an Anthem X

toys19
    Free Member

lad on here has jsut got himself a Transition Bandit, looks nice..
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-transition-bandit-content

kudos100
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Did you decide??

phil56

tis a thing of beauty

This would fit the bill – rides a good as it looks.
    EDIT – you’ll need to follow the link through MTB components to the F2

transapp
    Free Member

Has the same question myself. Ended up with an Anthem X1 (2009) frame (£350 from STW classifieds), put on some 100-130mm Revelations and transfered the rest of my hard tail kit. Rides like a dream. Happy to race on it, play on some steep stuff or ride it all day. I’d never had a full sus before, but I can now see why people want them!

pjbarton
    Free Member

I keep wanting a bike like the ones in this thread. But every time I ride my Cannondale Rush (still in one piece!) I really can’t fault it. 5 years old I think and running like a dream. Love the lefty too!

The anthem always looks attractive option.

Be nice to ride a Canyon.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Assuming that you haven’t made the change yet…

If your hardtail is 23lbs, and assuming your frame is 4lbs, a swap to the flux would make it 25lbs.

The flux is a very efficient pedaller (no propedal needed) and its zerk pivots are very weather resistant for all round use.

For a frame swap the sale flux frames are very good value compared to an Anthem frame.

The anthem is also a good pedaller, but didn’t feel as stiff or ‘classy’ as the turner when I was making my mind up.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Mate at work has one of these, bought it twelve months ago and swears by it –

2009 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 – Sub 21 lb. FS bike

He’s absolutely gutted because he is moving into a flat in Leeds and is having to sell it! I had a spin on it the other day and was very impressed.

sefton
    Free Member

yep made the change

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zesty 714 carbon frame easy as light as hard tail with dt240 crest rim wheels. Smooth light fast up and down.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Ignoring the Cannondale hater, when it comes to putting a ‘dale with a lefty in a small car – just take the back wheel off ! That’s what we do with my son’s front wheel bolt-through bike. Not really anymore hassle.

Basil

Why not buy 2nd hand?
    Infact buy my Yeti ASR C Large

sefton
    Free Member

dude bought the turner – months ago now 😆

Basil

I will sell this bike to somebody!!!

Nezbo
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 anthems an Anthem X0 2009 and 2011 Anthem X. Awesome bikes. by far the best 26er FS i have used.
    Going to be useing it for Keilder this weekend 🙂

But i am thinking of going 29er fullsus next time SC TallBoy or 29er HT Yeti BigTop…

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘lightweight, all-day, racy full suspension? (pics)’ is closed to new replies.