Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lightweight > 10k maH powerbank
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m looking around for a powerbank with a greater than 10000maH capacity but as light as possible for taking on bike trips. Any suggestions?

whitestone
    Free Member

Most (all?) the powerbank type batteries are casings around 18650 batteries so you are going to have multiples of the weight of one of those plus the casing.

Something like this is 180g

thenorthwind

I don’t think you’re going to find much difference in weight between models with the same capacity. At 10000mAh, the housing, etc. weight is gonig to be pretty insignificant compared to the weight of the cells themselves.

For reference, my 10000mAh powerbank (£8 from B&M) weighs 210g including a charging cable.

I’d be pretty skeptical of anything claiming vastly greater energy density.

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s a little difference between them. I’ve found 10k at 205g and 10k at 400g. In the grand scheme of my slightly overweight middle-agedness, 200g is **** all but for lugging up big hills I’d prefer not to be too weighed down.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a 20,000mAh powerbank and it weighs 370g. So double the capacity, double (and a little bit) the weight. The 10,000mAh battery will have 3 x 18650 cells, the 20,000mAh one will have 6.

atlaz
    Free Member

Got a 13000mAh one weighing 230g. Reasonably happy with that. It just needs to provide emergency backup for Garmin and Phone for at most 2 days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight > 10k maH powerbank’ is closed to new replies.