Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lightwater Laike
  • Cooroo
    Free Member

Me and Mr Cooroo are thinking of entering this for fun – veterans (!) Anyone done it? Is it a fun day out, worth taking non-cycling offspring? Will I be laughed at for being a rubbish rider who just pootles round enjoying herself? Etc etc…

wombat

I did it last year and won't be doing it again (nothing to do with me now being in the veterans category)due to a subsequent engagement.

Last year it was freezing cold & so claggy & windy you had to pedal hard to go DOWNHILL 😮

Could be that I'm jut unfit though…

I'd not take non biking folks there though, there's not much for them to do while you're riding as all the rides are closed.

Cooroo
    Free Member

OK, just the two of us. Is it very serious and will I get in the way of race whippets, or are 'fun' entries allowed?

mrsflash
    Free Member

May see you there Emma, I've never done it before but we're thinking of it this year.

Cooroo
    Free Member

Great – you a vet yet?

mrsflash
    Free Member

How very dare you!! 😉 I've 5 years to go yet.

STATO
    Free Member

Its a boring course, there's nothing much else to do than sit in the cafe or cheer on the riders as they freeze their asses off slogging along the grass. ITS GREAT! :0) Seriously tho its a great fun event as no-one really takes it seriously, last year me and my mates did it one our singlespeeds just to see who would win out of the 4 of us, great laugh. Only thing to remeber is the 'elites' get set off after the fun race so you might have faster guys trying to pass you so just be aware and youll be fine, there are loads of places to pass anyway. I love it as an event as everyone is always dead friendly and engaing in a bit of banter with the 3 or 4 guys your riding with/racing makes it a bit more entertaining than a normal xc race.

Ill be going back for my 4th time this year.

Cooroo
    Free Member

OK you've convinced me. We'll be there. Vet race is last anyway so probably everyone will have gone home except us crumblies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lightwater Laike’ is closed to new replies.