Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lights for hats
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have been running a Hope Vision 4 for a couple of years on the bars (which I love) and have often considered a light on my noggin would also be a benefit. However, my local woods have a lot of low branches on the trails and the hat gets a tap on almost every ride.
    I guess I am looking for a real low profile light that fits nice and close to the hat.

Any recommendations?

jam-bo

Duck more?

Diawl
    Free Member

One on each side a la caving?

wwaswas

I use a Lupine Piko and it mounts on the front, not the top of my helmet so it’s lower than the top of my head and mostly out of harms way.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hat? Helmet?

emsz
    Free Member

I don’t think a light would make a very good hat.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I do like the ‘one each side’ suggestion, a la caving or of course Orbital.
    Hat is quicker to type than helmet.

The Piko looks good, thanks. I will have a look at that.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Second the Piko, great helmet light as it is so light weight and low profile.

Jason
    Free Member

The Four4th helmet mount is very good, and can be fixed near the front of the helmet. Plus the light unit is tiny, so minimises the chance of it hitting trees.

shortcut

what Jason said – the new mount lets you put the light quite a long way down the front of the helmet to the extent that since using the updated mount I have only had a clash with trees once compared to the regular occurances previously.

The light unit is also reall small and light so works well and doesn’t upset the balance of the helmet on your head.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

That Four4th mount looks good. I was not aware of these guys, thanks. What lights are you using with it? The Exodus, being the cheapest, would be the one I would consider first as it is to only compliment the vision 4 on the bars.

MrTall
    Free Member

Ayups are very low profile compared to most and are fantastic little lights. Won both tests in this months WMB despite being way cheaper than most of the other lights.

At my height i’m more prone to branch strikes than most and i think i’ve only ever popped mine out of its mount once in 3 years.

Taff
    Free Member

Hat?!

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Four4th Exodus to compliment my Hope 4. I called Four4th yesterday afternoon and spent a while chatting about the specs of each light. Apparently the Exodus beam pattern will work really well with the Hope, so that’s what I plumped for. I’ve also got a few friends that have been running Four4th lights for a couple of winters, and they really like them so that also helped me make my mind up to go with Four4th…..that and the great service.

Jason
    Free Member

The helmet light I am using is an Exodus. I have used it a few times with my Hope Vision 4 on the bars, and it does work well although I often don’t bother turning the Hope on as the Four4th light provides more than enough light.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Taff, Yup thats the one. I also have a nice red roll neck base layer just like that one.

shortcut

I am running a 3 led genius which is pretty good and as bright as my old Maxx D.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lights for hats’ is closed to new replies.