Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lights: Exposure Six pack or Hope R8
  • tinytimbo
    Free Member

Looking for a new powerful front light.

Anyone had experience with either or both?
    Can’t find any reviews in the mags at all for the six pack.

MrNero50
    Free Member

I’ve borrowed a a Six pack for a 24. Awesome light! I liked the spread of the beam and the fact it’s all one unit.

I’m not a fan of separate battery packs after using a six pack!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Having separated the battery packs from the light heads on several different lights in the past, I won’t be getting anything with an external battery again.

I’d go Exposure. The overall quality of my Joystick is incredible.

momo

Not a six pack, but I’m using a maxxD on the bars with a Diablo on my helmet, the beam pattern is excellent and all in one design means no worrying about tangling cables

z1ppy

Having ridden off-road at night for the last 10 year, I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong to not have one lost a battery pack or get caught up in cables? (& yes I’ve crashed lots)
    Exposures are nice but I really don’t see the draw as there expensive & big units, and the Hope is stupidly big/heavy and reportedly won’t run for long on full beam (over heating).
    Personally I’d head down to CRG moto (or your local dealer) and buy an Gloworm X1 and X2 combo pack for the same money, one for your bars and one for your head, a much better idea than one single bar mounted unit. Though if you insist, the Gloworm XS will probably fulfil your requirement for one big light

bol

I’ve had a 6 Pack for a couple of years. It’s an awesome light, with no fuss. I’ve ridden all night with it on the low (but high by the standards of 5 years ago) setting and it’s only used half the battery – including some full beam use when riding near people with bright lights. It always tends to win the shadow arms race in that situation too. So easy to move from bike to bike that I use it for everything. I tend to angle it down and to the left on the road for the sake of oncoming drivers’ retina.

bedmaker

Another sixpack user here. t’s a great bit of kit. I haven’t seen the Hope, but compared to several chinese lights I’ve seen, the beam pattern is what makes it really stand out in use. I’d hate going back to cables too.
    It is expensive, no getting away from that, but worth it IMO.

njee20
    Free Member

New Maxx D is as bright as the outgoing 6 pack, and has the Reflex technology, and is cheaper and lighter. I’d have that. In fact I’m going to have one.

daver27
    Free Member

Used both, get the 6 pack. The R8 was one of the most disappointing lights I’ve ever used. Mount is terrible, the light unit wobbles so much you can feel it through the bars. And it doesn’t give out that much light surprisingly.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

Thanks for the input.

I’ve been to have a look at a maxx-d today and was really impressed with it.
    Definitely going to go exposure.

That’s a shame about the hope, they usually make such good products.

I commute off road at night and use a Six Pack and Diablo.
    I normally have both on medium setting, which gives 10 hours on the Six Pack and 3 hours on the Diablo and is plenty for most situations.
    The only time I turn the Six pack to maximum is a fast down hill unlit lane where I can hit 40mph+ and the extra penetration is useful.

c_klein87

I’ve got the 1st gen sixpack, its an awesome light, but I would replace it with a maxx-d. I Couldn’t consider using a light with a separate battery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lights: Exposure Six pack or Hope R8’ is closed to new replies.