Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lightish hardtail frame for 140mm forks
  • jonb
    Free Member

I know any fram designed to take 140mm forks is never going to be an XC machine and I don't want that.

But if I was to replace a 456 and waslooking to save some weight what lighter frames of this typre are available. With the 456 weighing 2.5 kg there must be a few.

Considered titanium but the bank balance says no, chameleon, pace 305, cotic soul and ?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Chumba HX1 takes 140mm forks has an EBB for Singlespeed duties and nice and light! £499 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Pace 305, nuff said.

nbt

Ragley blue pig (steel) is about the same weight as the 456 (steel), the Mmmbop is aluminium and a lot lighter (and cheaper than the chameleon et al, I htink)

Kuco

That Chumba though nice looks harsh, is it?

StuF

Orange P7 – probably too heavy

hora
    Free Member

Secondhand Chameleon with a respray?

freeridenick
    Free Member

PA 853

nickc

+1 for a Cham. Can do XC if you want.

cakeeater
    Free Member

Really like the look of the Chumba, anyone know the weight, nothing about weight on the Chumba site. Great review here: <http://www.chumbaracing.com/images/revolution_0509_chumba_hx1_review.pdf&gt;

james
    Free Member

Cotic Soul is 130mm max

Ragley mmmBop? 3.7lbs I think. Aluminium though. Could get hold of a carbon post and run fatter tyres?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

My Dialled PA has pretty sturdy kit on it (721 rims, Magura forks) and still is pretty light – in fact it felt considerably lighter than the Cove Stiffee that I rode at the weekend.

Comes in at around 28lbs & will take 140mm forks. TBH I wouldn't really want anything lighter with that kind of travel – I like the bike to feel planted, rather than skitting around over rough stuff as lighter bikes sometimes do.

The 853 version was only 3 ounces lighter than the standard.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Another RC305 here.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee

jimmy

Titanium Alpine. Mike…! 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

Not sure of exact weight on the Chumba HX1 but it is around 4lb for a medium, will weigh one if you want?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Marin B17

topangarider
    Free Member

Whyte 19?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

IME of looking for something similar, you'll be hardpushed to find anything in steel much lighter that the existing crop.

When passed CEN testing the (I assume) 140mm Cotic soul might be the lightest of the crop.

Aluminium for lighter weight and still in your budget.

simonside
    Free Member

Another vote for PA here. I`ve heard of someone running a 150mm fork…..
    🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lightish hardtail frame for 140mm forks’ is closed to new replies.