Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lightest sub £50 platform pedal
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

So far the Wellgo MG1 seems to be the best compromise at £35 and 375g, can anyone think of a pedal that comes close?

Cheers folks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d get something thinner and grippier, those wellgo’s are a bit old fassioned now, and weight would be bottom of my list of criteria when picking flats, grip, comfort, durability (they take a battering off rocks), bearings (they never seem to last as long as SPD’s) would all come before weight (which tends to beat the expense of the last 3 anyway, light = small = potential discomfort, light = magnesium = soft = wont last long on rocky trails.

Superstar/nukeproof/carboncycles all do (almost identical) flat pedals for under £50.

nixie

Nukeproof Electron, £26, 338g and better grip that the outland.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=60114

fr0sty
    Free Member

You guys are great, cheers for the replies. Think I’ll go with the Nukeproof’s…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Depends on the size of your feet, I’m size 11 and found the platform size of the nukeproof/outlands to be a bit small. Personally I can’t fault the superstar nanos, a bit heavier, but much bigger, grippier platform and they last well.

Bregante

I tried those nukeproofs on my mates mega the other week and they felt really good (also size 11) Bargain at that price!

Mugboo

My first set of msg1 are still going strong, rattly but strong. My second pair, much newer were stiffer from the start and one of them has nearly seized, any tips on freeing it up?

nixie

I’ve got a set of the nukeproofs, a set of some expensive blackspires, and a set of superstar nanos. Nanos have a nice big platform. nukeproof electrons are a bit smaller but have pleanty of grip, the body material seems to offer a bit extra grip too. I can feel the raised bit around the axle, however only notice it for the first minute. Blackspire’s are great but very pricey.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Get yourself some superstar nano’s

Brilliant, and if you screw up theyll leave reminders in your shins 🙂

nixie

but not the lightest by a long way!

andyl
    Free Member

MG1’s were the best by miles when they came out but yes, go for a newer thinner type.

Take your pick, most of the popular ones are obviously the same and made in the same factory.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I got nuke proof electrons last month and I love them. Miles better and lighter than my well go b52s, loads more grip. Look really sleek too.

darryl1983
    Free Member

Same as superstar nano’s but only £34

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

only in black though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lightest sub £50 platform pedal’ is closed to new replies.