Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Light, tough DH seatpost?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

The DH moniker seems to be an excuse for most manufacturers to weld some mole grips onto a piece of scaffolding.

Looking for a lightweight but brutal seatpost for the big bike – 31.6 zero layback no effete clamps and nothing from Thomson, Race Face, Easton, FSA, Superstar, Control Tech, Bontrager or Crank Bros please.

Cheers 🙂

watsontony
    Free Member

i have a funn splined seat post its light and strong and looks goodish only problem is mines 30.omm and dont know if thay do your size

Northwind

Mine has a Nukeproof in it, which is let’s say inspired by Thomson (right down to being able to use the same seatclamp hardware). Seems strong enough and not too hefty.

Did have a Pro of some sort, maybe a Koryak? It was good too, pain in the arse clamp though- very clever, and sturdy, but fiddly.

honourablegeorge

Pro did an Atherton one, mate is very happy with his.

Mind you, if you’re ruling out Thomson and Easton, you’re probably not going to be happy with anything.

gazc
    Free Member

using a sdg i beam post and saddle. not bent yet and the saddle weighs nowt

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Syntace P6

kimbers

another sdg ibeam user here and im a bit podgy

get away with an ifly – which weighs about as much as one of my farts- only on the dh bike, mind, too hard for regular riding

Northwind

You do see a fair number of snapped ibeams/saddles though… Though mostly Iflys I think, broken at the rail.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like the offerings from Syntace & SDG I never thought about them

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Light, tough DH seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.