• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Light & Motion Stella bar mount problems
  • fbk
    Free Member

A mate of mine bought one this year and is really happy with the light it produces. Unfortunately he can't get the mount to work. The bar that the head unit slides onto seems a very loose fit, with the light rotating round and down as soon as we come off tarmac. He's currently resorted to wrapping parcel tape round it to get it stay put but that's hardly satisfactory.

Merlin are currently ignoring his emails and Madison helpfully told him to go back to the shop he got it from.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

beaker

I've got one on my road bike and have the same problem… Angle the mount so the light is where he wants it when it's rotated downward.

Lactic
    Free Member

The bar mount is a nice idea, extending over the centre of the stem, but a rubbish design. The helmet mount however is excellent so I just use that.

boxfish
    Free Member

Yup. Exactly the same problem here.

Solved by buying a different mount from CRC (stock no. 13174) for £1.50.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

That bracket is crap. Doing what beaker says will help. I took mine back as the light died and the bracket allowed the light to flap up and down. Got given a new style light with stretchy rubber bracket. What a pile of crap. The rubber started disintegrating after a month of commuting, and won't hold the light steady enough off-road.

Add to this crapness the fact that my little DX torch which cost less than 1/4 of the price makes the L&M completely redundant. you wouldn't even know it was turned on.

Oh, and the battery mounting velcro strap thing is pants.

Biggest waste of money ever!

DezB
    Free Member

There is a simple fix – just superglue the metal bar so that it can't move. Use the handlebar clamp to adjust the angle.

boxfish
    Free Member

The alternative mount does away with the silly little metal bar. OK, you can't mount the light directly in the middle of the bars but the light does stay put, even when riding off-road.

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm. Ok. Sound like a design flaw then – not just his.

Thanks for the suggestion guys – I'll pass them on 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Just as an update to anyone interested…

My mate had a reply off Madison yesterday to say they were sending him out a replacement bar mount foc.

Everyone's happy and fair play to Madison for some decent after sales service 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Light & Motion Stella bar mount problems’ is closed to new replies.