Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Light, easy to use co2….
  • Kryton57

…. for racing. I know nothing, tubeless setup if that makes a difference. Are all co2 kits equal?

Please recommend…..

montylikesbeer

Mosa

Above a cracking and über cheap inflator that has never ever let me down.

Replacement mosa gas is cheaper than chips as well

Jamie
    Free Member

You will just be wanting a head adapter then.

Like this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/genuine-innovations-microflate-nano-tyre-inflator/

I have the above one, but it’s SRAM branded and cost me a fiver. So worth shopping about as seems a couple of designs, which are then rebranded….some being cheaper than others.

Make sure you use gloves, or get a neoprene/rubber/foam cover for your co2 canisters, or you will freeze your hands to it in use.

montylikesbeer

Mosa gas , 10 for a few quid

Cheap mosa gas

Kryton57

Can you carry then around with the adaptor on or is their a chance of discharging it?

Jamie
    Free Member

They work by screwing the nozzle on until the canister is pierced. Then you gentle turn the head the other way to release the co2. With the gas coming out relative to how much you turn. If you don’t see a risk of the top being twisted in transit, then it might be ok. I guess the problems might be leakage over time, and discharging all over your back…oo-er….which I imagine will be quite chilly/freezer burny.

To be honest, I would transport separately as it only takes a few seconds to screw the nozzle head on.

senorj

Can you carry then around with the adaptor on or is their a chance of discharging it?

yes. there is a v. slight chance of it discharging though……
    and if it’s for mtb get the larger cartridge.
    16g one works , the larger is better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Paid slightly more (about 15) and got 2 canisters and a head adapter from Merlin with a valve on it so you can break the seal and then empty it. Useful for lower volume tyres.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And make sure you have something to go round the canisters otherwise it will freeze to your glove on discharge (or your fingers)

pdw
    Free Member

+1 for the £4.99 one from tyreinflators.co.uk. Works perfectly.

timbur
    Free Member

I use one like Jota recommended. The sleeve stops you freezing your hand to it and it can be transport part done up. You can also use the cheaper non threaded cartridges.

shortcut

BTW this is a good place to buy cartridges from.
    http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve found that short lengths of 28mm inner tube work perfectly as sleeves. I’m sure 23mm roadie tube would work fine, but not tried it.

If you use inner tube you can throw it away with the dead cannisters, rather than keep swapping it over.

BrickMan

I use a Lezyne one, used a few cans over the past 6 month, and the last few have had enough for two tyres, so locked them off and then shoved back in bag just to be finished off when needed, never leaked that I could tell. Think it was £14 with 1x can, takes the cheap break seal variety.

Kryton57

cheers all! I’ll order the cheap mosa one for now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Light, easy to use co2….’ is closed to new replies.