Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • light bicycle rims spoke nipple
  • trauty
    Free Member

hello,
    I’ve read many discussions yet i am still 100% unsure what is the correct spoke length.
    I ordered 33mm AM 26inch rim ERD 515 mm to be laced on Hope pro 2 evo hubs 20mm front and 142×12 rear. I used prowheelbuild calculator and got these numbers:
    rear Left spoke length: 249
    rear Right spoke length: 247.8

Now here is the confusion as most people on forums claims that erd is wrong and extra 3mm of spoke length is needed. Would it be caused by people actually using shorter nipple (12mm instead of 14mm) as from what I managed to find it seams that wheel builders at light bicycle are using 14 mm pillar nipples ? I ordered pillar aero spokes of extra 3 mm lengths (251mm and 252 mm) from them so I really need to know. Should I stick to 249/247.8 and use the supplied 14mm pillar nipples or just leave it and use 251/252 and my own 12mm nipples?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Measure the rims and go from there. Cut two old spokes to 200mm, thread them in opposite holes, measure the gap between the cut ends and add 400 = ERD

trauty
    Free Member

i dont have the rims yet. they will send them with the spokes.

wwaswas

Don’t LB build the wheels if you buy the lot from them?

They do seem quite helpful, have you asked them what they recommend?

trauty
    Free Member

I will use my hubs ..

wwaswas

They build with hope hubs so just ask them what length they use. I asked a number of questions when I bought my lb rims and they answered quickly.

granny_ring

Measure the rims when you get them then order spokes & nipples from Rose bikes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘light bicycle rims spoke nipple’ is closed to new replies.