Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Light Bicycle rims on a DH bike
  • sharkattack

Sorry, I know there’s a few LB threads at the minute and I’ve read them all and I’m quite happy that most people seem to have positive experiences of the product and customer service.

I have no idea what you’re using your rims for though. I have a DH bike that I love (YT Tues Pro). It works perfectly and there’s nothing on it that needs changing but it’s bloody heavy. I’d love to shave some weight off it but there’s no obvious culprit in terms of components.

So I’m thinking of the relatively drastic job of re-rimming the DT240 hubs that are already on it. I’ve done the ‘heavy wheels’ to ‘light wheels’ thing before so I know about the huge dynamic effect. I’m very keen to see if it will have the same effect on the big bike as it did on the hardtail.

I reckon switching rims from the heavy (but quite soft) DT FR’s and Muddy Mary’s with tubes to LR Rims and tubless High Rollers I could save probably 500grams of rotating mass per wheel.

This won’t be until after this years Alps trip. I’m going to be deliberately unsympathetic to my nice gold rims to make it easier to justify. Just day dreaming at the minute but any input welcomed.

honourablegeorge

Can I suggest the E13 LG1 rims? They’re really light. Delighted with mine

goodgrief
    Free Member

Going tubeless will make a big difference, with tyres that roll quicker.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Light Bicycle rims on a DH bike’ is closed to new replies.